So, did your Instagram account got hacked? Do you want it back? In this article, we are going to cover some useful tips for you to get the hacked Instagram account back and gain access to it again.
What to do if hackers took over my Instagram account
If you still have access to e-mail or phone number the easiest method is trying to reset your Instagram password. But, if perpetrators took control and changed everything, all hope might seem lost. Here’s something you can try as last resort.
- Go through the same steps mentioned in the above-given article.
- When you are unable to provide an e-mail address or phone number, a new option will pop up on both Android and iOS.
- Tap on the Need more help? link.
- Enter the last known e-mail address tied to the account. Also choose the type of account, Personal or Business.
- You will be asked to enter a secondary e-mail you have access to and check regularly.Make sure it’s not compromised and has a strong password. This is your last chance to keep in touch with Instagram’s help team.
- You will receive an automatic response e-mail to the inbox of the secure e-mail address with instructions.
- You will be asked to confirm your identity in the ways we mentioned above.
- If you can’t prove your identity with a picture, Instagram will ask details about your account.Provide them with all of your old e-mail addresses, phone number(s), and usernames you signed up with. They will also ask for information on devices and dates you used to log in. This includes desktop and laptop computers, tablets, Android smartphones, iPhone, iPad, etc.
Once submitted, all you can do is wait. Eventually, a representative from the Instagram Help Center will get in touch. If you provided enough information that could be matched with data available to them, they will help you restore your Instagram account. Hopefully, you will be able to get access to your lost Instagram account and start using it right away.