Restoring access to your account on the 4share file sharing and storing service can be pivotal. You’ll be reconnected with all the files you uploaded to the platform, for one. Moreover, if you are a 4shared premium user, you’ll eradicate ads on the platform, continue using 100 GB of available cloud storage, get instant downloads and superior downloading speed. Did we mention having a backup of all files you delete, and employing encryption on them all? We’re neither affiliated nor shilling the service, merely giving you the motivation to learn how to recover a 4shared account. If you’re on board, let’s press on.
1. Reset password to recover 4shared account
We’re starting with perhaps the most common cause of a lost account on the 4shared platform: a forgotten password. Though this is nothing out of the ordinary, 4shared sadly hasn’t made any extra steps to secure your account. For example, there’s no two-factor authentication, phone number, or secondary e-mail address in case the first one is no longer available. The only method of 4shared account recovery if you have forgotten your password is as follows:
- Head over to the 4shared home page.
- Click on Log In in the upper right corner.
- In the pop-up window, click the Forgot your password? link.
- On the new page that opens, enter the e-mail address that belongs to your account.
- You’ll receive an e-mail with a password reset link. Click it, and you’ll be taken to a page with instructions to generate a new one.
- Sign in with your newly restored 4shared account.
Note. To make up for the lack of security features, 4shared lets you sign up using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account. If that’s your case, you’ll need to log in with the account on the aforementioned platforms. If you lost those, too, worry not, because we have separate guides for each platform you can look up.
2. Attempt recovery of a deleted 4shared account
We say “attempt” because there really isn’t much you can do after 4shared deletes it. This won’t happen to premium users, as their data is regularly backed up and their accounts can seemingly only be erased voluntarily, by the owners. To sum up, two reasons for the erasure of the 4shared account exist, dictating two different time constraints:
- You sent a delete request: You can initiate 4shared account removal either through the account panel or by sending an e-mail to “[email protected]”. In both cases, this file storage and sharing service gives you 30 days to change your mind by logging in and reversing the procedure.
- 4shared erased it because of inactivity: This platform stores terabytes upon terabytes of data and doesn’t have resources, for example, Google has. Thus, after a varying period of inactivity (currently 180 days), they will warn you your account is entering a final stage before being deleted. Though the time changes, you typically have 10 to 15 days to sign in and revert the action.
Important. Some websites are imitating an e-mail message 4shared sends to users when their account is about to expire. These are a scam, plain and simple. Unless you see the message within your e-mail Inbox and can confirm it comes from the official address, such as “[email protected]”, do not click any buttons. Also, don’t send any data, fill out any forms, download apps, or join live chat. Ignore, block, delete the e-mail/report the website, and warn others.
3. Contact 4shared Customer Support
We wouldn’t bother reaching out to 4shared unless you can’t remember/lose access to your e-mail address, and can prove your ownership in some other way. You may get data from a backup if you’re a Premium user, but not the account itself. Thus, if you meet the criteria, use one of these methods to recover your account on the 4shared platform:
- Contact form. Scroll to the bottom of the home page and click Support, or go to the 4shared Help Center page directly. Now:
- Click on Account Management
- Select 4shared Account Customization or 4shared Premium Account.
- On either page, click on the tiny Request more help button at the bottom.
- Finally, enter the following information before clicking Send:
- Your name: Any name or username
- E-mail address. Any you can access, not necessarily the one for your 4shared account
- Description. Be concise, but provide necessary details about your situation
- Social media. Reach out to 4shared via Facebook (@official.4shared) or Twitter (@4shared).