Lost access to your account for Meesho and need to restore it quickly? No wonder, Meesho is a renowned online shopping website in India. It is the leader for eCommerce in the country, aiding millions in starting their business. Unsurprisingly, user accounts are the key to making purchases, selling items, and supplying established sellers. Thus, their restoration should be a priority, and the platform is more than happy to help, as you’ll see below. But before we dig into it, we ought to warn you that methods for regular users are limited, and you’ll quickly understand why. Without twiddling our thumbs further, here’s how to recover a Meesho account.
1. Recover a Meesho buyer account via a one-time password
The reason behind our warning is that Meesho only uses a mobile phone number and a one-time password (OTP) to generate user accounts. This is something banks and payment processors also utilize. However, in their case, it’s an additional security measure, not a primary account creation and maintenance procedure. Nonetheless, with that in mind, so long you have a SIM card or an app that generated the phone number and a phone to use either, you’re safe. You can follow these steps to retrieve Meesho user account access:
- Head to the official website or download, launch, and open the Meesho app for Android or iOS.
- Click on Profile in the top right corner of the website or Account in the bottom right corner of the app’s home screen.
- Select Sign up from the drop-down menu on the website or the button at the top of the menu on mobile.
- Note. Don’t be confused—Meesho will sign you in once it detects an account already exists.
- Enter your phone number. If you aren’t using an Indian number, select yours from the drop-down list under “Country”. Fill out the rest without the country code.
- Click the Send OTP button.
- Enter the one-time password that arrived in the form of an SMS.
- You’ll be logged in to your Meesho account, i.e., you managed to recover it. Repeat this every time you log out or switch devices.
Note. Meesho will encourage you to add an e-mail address, but this is not mandatory. If you did, you can provide that detail in method 3.
2. Restoring a Meesho supplier or seller account
Things change to a degree when it comes to sellers, i.e., goods suppliers. To clarify, all users must provide a phone number to serve as a last resort. However, sellers must also set a password, provide an e-mail address, and put forward the name of their bank account and a 15-digit GSTIN that identifies a businessperson or a company. Luckily, the Meesho seller or supplier account recovery procedure only requires them to:
- Visit the Meesho supplier account panel.
- Click on Forgot Password?
- Enter the e-mail address tied to the account and click Submit Email.
- Click the password reset link emailed to the address you provided. Set a new password on the page you get redirected to.
- Revisit the page from step 1 and sign in.
Can I change the Meesho email address from the account panel?
Yes, you can pick a new e-mail address for your Meesho account via the account panel. Since the app doesn’t sign you out automatically, there’s a chance you’re logged in on Android or iOS. If you no longer have access to the email address, you can:
- Tap on Account in the bottom right corner of the Meesho app.
- Go to Account Settings.
- Select Email Settings.
- Change your email address. You may have to enter the OTP sent to your mobile phone number to authenticate the change.
3. Contact Meesho Customer Support
It’s reasonable that larger-scale sellers and businesses have better connections and are treated with a higher priority. Nevertheless, all Meesho users can reach out to Customer Service in these ways:
- Calling: Though you may find several numbers online, (080)-61799600, available between 10:00 AM and 7:00 PM IST, is the primary one.
- Email: Sellers can email [email protected] to get help with their accounts.
- Social media: Meesho is available on Instagram (@meeshoapp for everyone, @sellonmeesho exclusively for suppliers) and Facebook (@meeshosupply for everyone).
- Application. You can create a new, blank account, go to Account and select the appropriate contact option, such as Call 08061799600.