1. Recover an Atom Code File via the Command Line
The process for recovering an atom code file using the command line is as follows:
- Launch the Terminal application.
- Type in “atom” and press Enter.
- Enter the following command: apm install package-name
- This will install the specified packages from GitHub. Install the “file- recovery” package in this case.
- Once the installation is complete, type in “apm list” to see a list of all the installed packages.
- Enter the following command to see the list of commands for the “file- recovery” package: apm help file-recovery
- To restore a specific file, enter the following command: apm file-recovery /path/to/file This will recover the specified File from the given path.
- To see that file, enter the following command: ls -l ~/.atom/file-recovery/ This will show you all the files that have been recovered.
2. Use a Text Editor to Restore an Atom Code Editor File
The process for recovering an atom code file using a text editor is as follows:
- Launch the Atom text editor.
- Go to File → Open and select the File you want to recover.
- Once the file is open, go to File → Save As.
- Select a different location to save the file in the “Save As” dialog box. This will ensure that the original file is not overwritten.
- Click Save and close the dialog box.
- Close the Atom text editor. Launch the Terminal application.
- Enter the following command: mv /path/to/old/file /path/to/new/file This will move the recovered file to the new location.
- Enter the following command to confirm that the File has been moved: ls -l /path/to/new/file This will show you the list of files in the new location.
Both methods are effective ways to recover an atom code file. However, your chosen method will depend on your preference and comfort level. If you are familiar with the command line, then using the first method may be your best option. However, if you are not comfortable with the command line, then using a text editor may be a better option.
3. Recover Atom Files using D-Back Hard Drive Recovery Expert
D-Back Hard Drive Recovery Expert is a program for Windows that allows the recovery of data from crashed hard drives. The program, though we’re unaffiliated, also has a user-friendly interface that lets you find and retrieve lost data. Even users with little technical knowledge can easily use the tool and retrieve their files. Here are a few steps to recover files deleted from Atom:
- Install the program by downloading D-Back Hard Drive Recovery Expert and running it. Click Open after opening it. Select the drive where Atom is installed from the drop-down menu.
- If your hard drive is deleted, the program will run a quick and deep scan to retrieve all of your data. You’ll see all the files that were scanned.
- Press the “Restore” button to bring up a list of the files you may recover. Select the files you want to return and provide a name for them.