BPI or Bank of the Philippine Islands is one of the leading providers of banking services in the country. They were also among the early adopters when it comes to banking over the Internet, and introduced BPI Express Online back in 1999. As such, countless user accounts have passed through the system over time, and the majority of Filipinos depended on them for daily transactions. The problem arises when you lose access to your user account with them, especially if there’s money on it. That’s where swoop in to save the day. Here’s how to recover BPI Online account.
Clarification. Both bpiexpressonline.com and bpi.com.ph are official websites. The former is older than the latter and automatically redirects to it.
1. Recover BPI Online account if you forgot the password
Recovering a BPI Online account with a forgotten password works like this:
- Open www.bpiexpressonline.com or bpi.com.ph in your browser.
- Click on Login in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Forgot Password link below.
- Now, enter your username into the first text field, and select the type of account you use to have with them.
- Whichever of the options you selected, you’ll get two new fields to fill.
- Enter your deposit/credit/debit/credit/loan account, then your birthday. Solve the reCAPTCHA challenge and click on Next.
- If you entered things correctly, you’ll proceed to Step 2. Enter a new password twice before clicking on Next.
- Click on the Go to login page button, and you restored access to your BPI Online account.
2. BPI Online account recovery with no phone number
If BPI detects you’re in an unfamiliar location, you’ll have to enter OTP (One-Time PIN) on top of the username and password. The same applies to account access via ATM (Automated Teller Machine) and CAM (Cash Accept Machine). So, if you no longer have access to the BPI Online registered phone number, do this:
- Download, install and open the BPI Mobile app for Android or iOS.
- Enter your username and password, then tap on Login.
- Swipe from left to right to bring up the left sidebar.
- Select Account Maintenance, then Update Mobile Number.
- Enter your credit/deposit/loan/debit account number, then the new phone number before tapping on Next.
- Visit any physical BPI ATM. Insert your card and access your account. This triggers the automatic phone number update.
3. Contact BPI Customer Support
Wondering what recovery of a BPI Online account without a username or password looks like? Use one of the methods below:
1. Call them
Here’s how to reach BPI via phone:
- If you live in Metro Manila, call their 24/7 BPI Contact Center 889-10000.
- If you are from the Philippines, call 1-800-188-88910000, their domestic toll-free number.
- Need help while abroad? Dial their Contact Center internationally with a prefix, like this: (+632) 889-10000.
2. E-mail them
BPI Helpline desk e-mail address is email@example.com.
3. Fill the contact form
Visit BPI Online’s Contact Us page. They are committed to sending a response within 7 business days.
4. Visit one of their stores
They don’t have a Store Locator feature and recommend entering “BPI near me” into the Google Maps search bar.