Android phones are one of the best choices for mobile gamers, thanks to their low price and solid features that deliver a mind-blowing gaming experience. Every Android device comes with the Google Play Store, which features millions of games, such as PUBG, Pokémon GO, and Genshin Impact, ready to download and play.
But no matter how great a technology is, it can still have multiple flaws, and your Android phone is no different. Whether it’s a virus attack or other form of corruption, it may result in severe loss of data, including that of your favorite games. Or, maybe you’re just changing devices and found out that you no longer have the game data available on your new device. In any case, losing the progress in a game that took you hours to build will hurt. Therefore, in this article, we’re going to show you three ways to recover deleted game data on an Android device.
Without further ado, let’s dig in.
Recover Game Data Deleted from an Android Device Using Google Play
Usually, whenever you download a new game on your Android device from Google Play and launch it, the game server will ask you if you want to sign up using your Google or Facebook account. Additionally, in some games such as PUBG or Darkness Rises, you must register with the game server using your Google or Facebook account to even start playing.
This way, whenever you log in to the game using your account for Facebook or Google, your game data will be saved on the game’s server. Thus, even if the game gets deleted from your device or if you suddenly lose its data, you can recover it using the steps we’ll mention now.
Step 1: Reinstall the Android Game
First, If you didn’t sign up for your game using the aforementioned accounts, go straight to step 2 to rescue game data via Google Drive. If that isn’t the case, follow the steps below to reinstall the game from the Google Play Store:
- First, launch the “Google Play Store” app on your Android device.
- Next, tap on the “Account Switcher” (this should be your Google account profile photo) in the top-right corner of the Google Play Store App.
- After that, tap on the “Manage apps and device” option.
- In the next menu, tap on the “Manage” tab, where you’ll find all your currently installed or uninstalled apps and games.
- Next, tap on the “Games” bubble to see all the currently installed games on your Android phone.
- Now, you have two options:
- If the game is still on your phone, but you’ve lost the game data, tap on the game from the list and click the “Uninstall” option. Finally, reinstall the game once the uninstallation process is complete.
- If the game is deleted from your device, tap the “Installed” bubble and select “Not installed” to see all the games that were deleted from your device. After that, tap the game in question and install it.
Once you reinstall the game, you can sign in using the same Google or Facebook account. This will pull back the data from the game server, and you can recover the erased game data to your Android device.
Step 2: Recover Deleted Data for a Game Synced with Google Drive
Are you one of those people who didn’t join the game using Google or Facebook accounts? If your answer is yes, and you have either accidentally deleted the game or lost your game data, the recovery procedure will be hard. But there’s still hope. As long as your game data is synced with Google Drive, you can easily recover data from your game. Here’s how you can do it:
- First, follow steps 1 through 6 mentioned in the previous method and reinstall the game.
- Next, open the “Google Drive” app on your phone.
- Tap on the “Menu” icon in the top-left corner of your mobile screen. It will slide open a prompt with multiple options.
- Now, tap on the “Settings” option.
- Next, click on the “Manage backup” option. Here, you will see all your apps and games and their previously backed up data. You can now download game data to your Android device.
Unsurprisingly, if you don’t see your game in the backup list of Google Drive, it’s time to try the next method.
Utilize Third-party Software to Retrieve Game Data Removed from an Android Device
Recovering your game data is easy if you have a backup of your game in Google Drive. This is true even if you didn’t use an account from the aforementioned platforms to register. But what if you open Google Drive, only to find out that there is no backup data of your game? It’s going to be a fairly decent nightmare, isn’t it?
It may be so, but that doesn’t mean you cannot rescue data deleted from a device running Android. All you have to do is download a third-party data recovery software from a reputable company to your computer, connect your phone, and start the retrieval process. While there are many professional data recovery applications available right now, most have a similar user interface (UI) and intuitive steps. This undoubtedly makes them easy to use.
Using Data Rescue Program to Get Game Data on Android
Once you download the software you chose, follow the instructions below to restore deleted data for a game on an Android device:
- Launch the data recovery software of your choice on your computer.
- If your data restoration application asks you to choose between the iOS and Android data recovery options, click on “Android data recovery.” If your application is specifically for Android devices, you can skip this step.
- Connect your Android smartphone with your computer using a USB cable.
- Select the type of data you want to restore and click the “Scan/Next” button to start the scanning process.
- Once the scan is complete, select all the files that were a part of the game. After that, click the “Recover” button to download the game data to your computer.
With that, the process is done. You can transfer the game data file from your computer to your Android phone. Congratulations, you managed to restore all the lost data to your device!