So, you lost access to your Roblox account? To make things worse, it wasn’t your decision. Your account was compromised by someone who either manipulated you to spit out the login details, through phishing or in chat or installed a sneaky piece of software that tracked your keystrokes and got the credentials. Well, we suppose the method no longer matters, the damage is done and the result is identical. Regardless, we advise you to act quickly and try your best to restore everything back to working order. This is how to recover a hacked Roblox account.
There’s no point in resetting your password if the hacker still has access to your personal information or even your computer. The person will just do it again, and your hard work will be in vain. For that reason, do this:
- Run a full virus scan on your computer using an anti-virus software of your choice.
- Go through the list of installed apps and programs, and remove anything that seems suspicious. You’re best off doing a Google search for the program’s name to determine if it’s useful software or malware.
- On Windows. Start typing ‘add or’ and click on Add or remove programs. Click on the program, then click Uninstall.
- On Mac. You have two options here:
- Click the Launchpad icon on the dock (a spaceship). Find, click, and hold your cursor on a suspicious app until they all start to shake. Click the Delete button (X in the corner).
- Click on Finder in the dock. Choose Applications under Favorites in the menu on the left side. Drag the app to the Trash icon on your dock.
- Open your browser, and go through the list of extensions. Remove any extension that doesn’t look familiar.
2. Reset your password
1. If you can log in, but suspect the hacker can too
- Login to Roblox.
- Open account Settings.
- On mobile, find the More icon (three horizontal dots).
- In the browser, click on the cogwheel icon in the top right corner.
- Select the tab titled Account Info.
- Click on the Change Password button (pen and paper icon).
- Type your current password for Roblox.
- Enter the new password twice. Make sure it’s complex and unique to Roblox. You can also use a password generator online.
2. If the hacker took over already
- Visit the Roblox Login page again.
- Click on Forgot Password or Username?
- If you think the hacker didn’t gain access to your e-mail address, enter the e-mail address tied to the account into the text field.
- Did you use the same password for your Roblox account and your e-mail address? Do you know for a fact that the perpetrator logged in to your e-mail too? If so, click on Use phone number to reset the password.
- You will receive a verification code as an SMS or e-mail, depending on the option you chose.
- Enter it into the text field, and you can choose a new password. Make sure it is unique and complex.
- You can follow the same steps if the hacker changed your username. Click on the tab titled Username in the upper right corner.
3. Contact Roblox Customer Service
Unfortunately, hackers often change e-mail, phone number, username, and password after they take over. Luckily, you can still get your account back. There’s a very strong chance of recovery if:
- You contact Roblox Support from the first e-mail you registered your Roblox account with or the billing e-mail address you used when you made your first payment on the account.
- You can provide relevant information about your account. This includes old passwords, usernames, e-mail addresses, and verifying ownership in another way, such as screenshots, videos, time periods that can be matched in their database, etc.
Whether you can provide the information above or not, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Do this:
- Visit Roblox Contact Us.
- Enter the name, e-mail address (the first one, if possible), and username (the last one you used before the hacker took over).
- Under Issue Details:
- Select a device you played Roblox on. If you did so across devices, select the one you think you spend the most time playing on.
- Under the help category, choose Account Hacked or Can’t Log In.
- In the description, explain the situation. Include dates and relevant information, but keep things concise. Don’t enter personal information, you’ll do so in correspondence with the Roblox Support Team.
- Click on Submit and check the e-mail regularly for a response.
- You’ll receive further instructions from their team.
4. How do I get my items or currency back?
Roblox has set a limitation in place. If you submit a Contact Us form within 30 days of the account being compromised, they will do their best to recover your account inventory. They do not have access to a previous state of your Roblox account and will have to do it manually. The sooner you act, the better.
5. How to move on?
To prevent your Roblox account from being hacked again, read the Roblox Account Security guide. If you notice the person who stole your account around, or someone tries to scam you again, follow the official Report Rule Violations form.