Losing access to your Hulu account is painful. Many reasons for this exist, but they all lead to the same result: you no longer have access to your favorite content on the platform. Whether you have forgotten your password or got your account locked, there are always some recovery options to try. As you know, Hulu offers many ways for users to register. You can subscribe to Hulu via Spotify, Amazon, or even iTunes. This guide demonstrates a variety of procedures to recover your account on the Hulu platform.
Reasons Your Hulu Account is Blocked
Hulu may refuse to allow you to sign in because your login credentials are incorrect. If you see an error message that says, “Error: Your login is invalid; please try again!” it’s likely that you used the wrong username or password. To fix this error, try the following methods:
- Double-check you entered the correct login information.
- Ensure that your Caps Lock key is turned off.
- Opt to reset or recover your password if you are still unable to log in.
- If you have a Hulu subscription through a third party, your login credentials for their services are likely to be the same email address and password you use for Hulu.
Hulu Account Access Forbidden due to Invalid Subscription
Your account is placed on hold until you pay off the arrears when your subscription expires. To learn more about your membership status, go to the Accounts page. It will tell you whether your credit card or debit card has expired and if your account is still valid. Hulu may request that you update your payment information first. After that, double-check your subscription is active.
Hulu Might Prevent Your Device from Connecting
Hulu is strict against VPN use and can detect a VPN and reassign your IP address. If Hulu determines that you are using a VPN, it will ban your account, at least temporarily at first. This problem has a simple solution: turn off the VPN to use your genuine IP address before launching Hulu.
Recover Account for Hulu via Credit Card
Start by visiting the Hulu credit card-based recovery page. Now:
- Solve the captcha, then enter the last 4-digit of your credit card on file.
- Enter the Credit Card Expiration date, including Month and Year.
- Also, type the Billing Zip Code and Year of Birth.
- Press the Continue Button.
When Hulu successfully locates your account, your email address will appear on the screen. You may now log back into your Hulu account from the main page.
Password Reset using Hulu’s Find Account Page
Begin by heading over to the Hulu Find Account page. Then, do the following:
- Enter the email address you use for Hulu and press the “Send me a link” button.
- You’ll receive the reset link on your registered email.
- If you are still unable to see the password reset email, make sure to check your Spam folder.
If you can’t remember your password, don’t worry. Using the Find Account page to reset it is ideal. They’ll send you a password reset email once you type in the email address linked to your Hulu account. Here are two reminders:
- The password reset email may take up to 15 minutes to show up in your inbox.
- The password reset link will expire after 3 hours, so it’s recommended you reset it as soon as you receive it.
If You Don’t Receive Password Reset Email, Do This
If no mail arrives in your Inbox or you cannot remember the email address you used to create your Hulu account, the Account Recovery tool we mentioned above can help. To verify or restore the email address on file, use the payment data linked with your Hulu subscription.
Logging in to Hulu Accounts through Third-party Services
Signed up for Hulu via third-party service providers? You can begin to recover an account for Hulu, depending on the provider, in this fashion:
- Got an Amazon account? Visit the Amazon website and then:
- Go to Accounts Lists in the top right corner of the homepage.
- Choose Login & Security. You should see your Amazon account’s email address on the next screen. Use it to sign in to your Hulu account.
- Using iTunes? Head over to the iTunes Store before:
- Selecting Account.
- Clicking Manage at the bottom of the page. A new window will appear with your Apple ID. The email address linked to your iTunes account will be identical to the one linked to your Hulu one.
- Joined via Spotify? Open the official website, and then:
- Choose Log In at the top right segment of the page. You will be directed to a new page after you click the link. This screen will display your Spotify email address, which is most likely the same as the one for your Hulu account.
Contact Hulu Support if Account Rescue is Not Working
If you’ve confirmed your email address with the Account Recovery tool and still haven’t received a password reset email, your next best bet is contacting Hulu Customer Service. To get further assistance, you can click the floating chat icon on the Hulu Help page. Make sure to explain your issues clearly and provide any necessary documents for them to assist you better.