IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) is one of the largest departments operating in India providing Tourism, Catering, and Railway services to millions. From the exam registrations to getting started with working in the public sector, an IRCTC account has many benefits. Losing one can be heartbreaking for those who have been trying to get into the Indian Railways. So, we are going to take a look at some of the possible ways to recover your IRCTC account which might help you in regaining access to it.
Recover the Forgotten IRCTC Password
If you simply forgot the password of your IRCTC account, the process is similar to recovering any other services online. All you have to do is heading over to their website and providing the necessary information that will let you regain access to your account. Here are the steps you should follow.
- Go to the IRCTC password recovery section.
- Enter your IRCTC user ID, your Date of Birth, and the captcha.
- Click on the Next button
- If you entered the information correctly, it will take you to a page where you will be asked to answer a security question you chose while registering an account. Provide the correct information.
- If you entered the correct answer for the security question, you will receive an email to the registered email address with a link to reset your password.
- Just click on the link which will take you to the IRCTC website where you can provide your new password.
After resetting the password, be sure to note it down somewhere safe for later access.
Recover IRCTC Username
In some rare cases, you may forget your IRCTC account username. The process of recovering your username is similar to that of recovering your password. Just with fewer steps. This is how you can recover your IRCTC username.
- Head over to the IRCTC website.
- Click on the Login button at the top of the screen.
- It will open a popup where you will see a link Forgot User ID? Click on it.
- It will take you to a screen where you have to provide your IRCTC email, your Date of Birth, and the captcha.
- Click on the Submit button.
If you entered all the information correctly, you will receive a mail from IRCTC on the registered email address connected with the account with the information about your username.
Recover Suspended IRCTC Account
Those accounts that violate the terms and conditions of the IRCTC website will be terminated without prior notice. The reasons can be many ranging from trying to spam the platform, booking too many tickets in very little time, providing fake information, etc. In these scenarios, the IRCTC officials may suspend your account without any notifications.
There are a couple of workarounds to recover a suspended IRCTC account. Follow them at your convenience and based on the situation that you are in.
1. Create a New IRCTC Account
The easiest way to start using the IRCTC website again is by signing up for a different account using a different email address and details. Keep in mind that, you should not try to sign up for the service with the same details as your old account. It won’t allow you to do so. You can create a new IRCTC account by following these steps.
- Go to IRCTC website from the links mentioned earlier.
- Click on the Register button at the top menu.
- Fill out the Basic Details such as your Username, Password, etc.
- Click on Continue.
- Provide your Personal Details. Be sure to provide correct details. Do not try to fake any information as it may result in getting your account suspended from the platform.
- Click Continue.
- Then lastly, provide the Address information and Signup for the service.
You will receive a confirmation on the email address you provided. Also, be sure to note down the details such as your password, the security question, and its answer somewhere safe. This information is very important especially when you forget your IRCTC password or username in the future.
2. Contact IRCTC Support
If you do not want to create a new IRCTC account and strongly believe that the old one is suspended for no reason, you can try contacting IRCTC support. You can call them at 011-39340000 or 011-23340000. If you prefer email as the contact method, you can reach them at email@example.com. Like already mentioned, if you want to get your account back, you should be sure that you didn’t violate the terms and conditions. If you did, the chances of unsuspending your account are very less.
Things to avoid to prevent getting your IRCTC account suspended again
After successfully recovering your IRCTC account from a suspension, you should make sure that it doesn’t get suspended again. These are the things that you should take care of.
1. Never bulk register tickets
If your family members (more than 4 or 5), need a ticket, it is better to use a different IRCTC account for that. Many users have reported that they got their accounts suspended just because they registered too many tickets.
2. Do not create multiple accounts
Creating multiple accounts to get a better chance of winning the schemes such as the IRCTC lucky draw will result in your account getting banned. So do not try to create multiple accounts especially with the same or similar information.
3. Do not violate IRCTC terms and conditions
Just like any other service on the internet, IRCTC also has certain terms and conditions that you shouldn’t violate at any cost. If you violate their terms and conditions, they can suspend your account without any notice at all. Getting your account back will be also difficult if you clearly violated their policies.
4. Do not frequently change devices
If you sign in to your account from different IP addresses within a small period of time, it can be a sign of bad behavior. So to protect your account, IRCTC may suspend the access even though it is a legit login attempt. So try to stick to one or two devices that you use frequently to sign in to your IRCTC account.
Don’t have IRCTC Email/Date of Birth?
If you do not have the access to your email address or the date of birth, you should have access to the username and the security question at least. These two things are necessary to get your account back. So even if you do not have one of the information and still know the answer to the security question, you can simply head over to their website and try to recover your account.
If you do not have access to any of that information, the next best option has is to contact their support and trying to recover your IRCTC account with their help. If you were able to prove your identity, there is a slight chance of getting your account back. So you can try it as well.