Photos are one of the best ways to capture your precious memories. Your iPhone is probably filled with these awesome memories, too. But what if, one day, your precious vacation, family, or other memorable pictures just vanishes from the Photos app of your iPhone? It’s definitely going to hurt! But don’t panic yet. We have got your back. In this article, we are going to show you three ways to recover photos deleted from the iPhone with ease. Without further ado, let’s dig in.
Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone Using Recently Deleted Album
Before you freak out about your lost photos, you should check for them in the “Recently Deleted” folder of your Photos App. Normally, when you delete a photo from your iPhone, the photo moves to the “Recently Deleted” folder and stays there for 30 days. Moreover, it will only be permanently erased after the full 30 days pass after the deletion of the photo.
Thus, if it hasn’t been more than 30 days after the deletion of your photos, you can restore them using the following steps:
- First, tap on the “Photos” app on your iPhone.
- Now, scroll down until you see the “Recently Deleted” album and tap on it.
- After that, tap on the “Select” option located on the top-right section of your iPhone’s screen.
- Find the images you want to recover and tap on them.
- Next, tap on the “Recover” button located in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Now, tap on the “Recover Photo” option.
And that’s it. Every photo you have selected on the fourth step will move back to the main library of your Photos app.
Using iCloud to Retrieve Images You Erased on iPhone
Did you manually delete the photos from the “Recently Deleted” folder of the Photos app? You probably didn’t perform such an action, but you’re still unable to find your photos there. No matter what the case is, there is still hope. As long as it hasn’t been over 40 days after the deletion of the photos, you can easily recover them using iCloud.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to iCloud and log in using your Apple ID and password.
- Next, tap on the “Photos” option from the webpage of your iCloud account.
- After that, tap on the “Recently Deleted” album. Over there, you will find most of the photos that were deleted for less than 40 days.
- Now, tap on the photos you wish to retrieve back to your iPhone, and then tap on the “Recover” option on the upper-right side of your phone screen.
Once you go through all the steps, you will get the photos back to your iPhone once your iOS device syncs with the iCloud.
Restore Photos Removed from iPhone Through Third-party Data Recovery Software
If none of the methods we have mentioned above worked, or you don’t have any backup of your deleted photos either, don’t fret. You can always use professional third-party data recovery software to recover photos deleted from your iPhone.
Before you continue with the recovery process, you need to download and install a professional data recovery application from a reputed company. The application you download will depend on your computer’s operating system. In this section, we will show you how to recover the deleted photos using a data rescue application on a Mac and a Windows computer.
Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone on a Mac
If you’re using a Mac, download the data recovery application of your choice on your machine. Now, follow these instructions to recover your lost photos from the iPhone:
- First, connect the iPhone to your Mac using a lightning cable.
- Once you connect your iPhone to your Mac, you might get a pop-up message in your iPhone asking if you trust the computer. Tap on the “Yes” option to continue forward.
- Before launching the data recovery application, make sure you close all the active programs and apps on your Mac.
- Now, launch the data recovery application on your Mac and find your iPhone.
- Click on the “Recover” button that is located within the option showcasing your iPhone, and the application will start scanning your phone to find the recoverable files.
- After the scan is complete, it will show all the files that were deleted from your iPhone it can recover, including your photos.
- Find the photos that you want to rescue and select them.
- Next, click on the “Recover” option of the data recovery application to restore all the lost photos back to your iPhone.
Please Note: Some data recovery applications might ask for your iPhone’s encryption password before they start the scanning process. The applications will need to access the encrypted backups stored in your iPhone’s system and memory to squeeze out the recoverable files.
Rescue iPhone’s Lost Photos Via a Windows Computer
Not all iPhone users have an affinity for a Mac. Many iPhone users might choose to work with a Windows computer instead of a Mac for professional and personal reasons. In this case, you need to get a hold of a trusted professional data recovery software for a Windows computer to recover the removed photos from your iOS device.
Here’s how things work once you’re done downloading the software to your Windows machine:
- First, connect the iPhone to your Windows computer using the USB cable that came with your iPhone. Of course, you may use third-party USB cables. However, this may cause some connection issues. So, using a USB cable from Apple is the safest option.
- Next, open the data retrieval application on your computer. Some applications might ask if you’re looking to recover data from an iOS device or from an Android phone. Select “iOS device” to continue.
- After that, once the application successfully detects your iPhone, click on it and then click on the “Scan/Start Scan” option.
- Once the full scan is complete, it will show multiple recoverable files that were once deleted from your iPhone. Click on the photos you want to retrieve to select them.
- Now, click on the “Restore/Recover” button.
With this, all of your selected photos will be downloaded on your Windows PC. You can now transfer the files from your PC to your iPhone anytime you want.