With 430 million monthly active users and billions of page views every month, Reddit is one of the most popular social media message boards. You will find a lot of information on a diverse range of topics on the platform. Whether you’re looking for breaking news, cute animals, scientific discussions, new ideas, uncensored content, or hot fan gossip, you will find all kinds of Reddit groups with tons of information, which you might not find anywhere else.
That’s why it can be disheartening to miss an important Reddit post, photo, or comment just because someone modified or deleted it. Fortunately, there are multiple ways to recover Reddit photos or posts. In this article, we will show you four distinct ways to recover Reddit photos, posts, and comments, so you never miss a critical detail. Let’s dig in.
Use Unddit to Recover Deleted Reddit Photos
Do you have the URL of the deleted Reddit posts or photos? In this case, using the “Unddit” web tool may be the best way to see and recover deleted Reddit photos, posts, and all other related information. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open your browser and paste the URL of the deleted Reddit post in the “Search or Type URL” section.
- Next, replace the “reddit” text between “www.” and “.com” with “unddit” and press the “Enter” key on your keyboard.
For example, let’s say the original URL of the deleted Reddit post was this: https://www.reddit.com/r/unitedstatesofindia/comments/th3zkv/late_night_random_daily_discussion_thread_march/
After the instructions above, the new URL will look like this: https://www.unddit.com/r/unitedstatesofindia/comments/th3zkv/late_night_random_daily_discussion_thread_march/
- Next, you just need to press the “Enter” key to start browsing with this URL. You can now see the whole deleted Reddit post, including any deleted photo.
View Erased Reddit Photos via Ceddit
The “Ceddit” web tool allows you to restore Reddit photos in the same way the “unddit” website does. The procedure is almost identical, too, since you need the original URL of a Reddit post to start. However, it’s not as efficient, since Ceddit takes time to cache the comments and photos. If there is any data that has already been deleted before it was cached, it can’t retrieve it. Here’s how you can use Ceddit to recover removed Reddit photos or comments:
- Open your web browser on computer or mobile.
- Paste the deleted or edited Reddit post URL in its “Search Bar.”
- Next, delete “reddit” from the URL text and replace it with “ceddit.” If we use the URL of the deleted Reddit post mentioned in the previous method, the URL would look like this: https://www.ceddit.com/r/unitedstatesofindia/comments/th3zkv/late_night_random_daily_discussion_thread_march/
- Now, hit the “Enter” key on your keyboard and a new webpage will appear. Data tied to a Reddit post or comment that was erased or modified on the platform will be displayed.
Try the Unreddit Chrome Extension
Do you want to recover and check the deleted Reddit photos or, in other words, photo links in the comment section? Also, do you check these deleted comments more frequently than other Reddit users? In this case, you can just add the “Unreddit” extension to your Google Chrome browser and use it to check erased or altered comments. Follow these steps below to add Unreddit Chrome extension to your Google Chrome browser:
- First, open the Google Chrome browser, type “Unreddit” in the search box, snf hit the “Enter” key. Once you see the extension in the search results, click on it. Alternatively, you can just click on this Unreddit Chrome Extension link and go directly to the “Unreddit” download page in the “Chrome Web Store.”
- Now, click on the “Add to Chrome” button.
- A new pop-up menu will appear asking whether you would like to do so. Click on the “Add extension” button, and it will be installed to your browser after a few moments.
Now, whenever you open Reddit and go to any post, you can see the deleted or modified comments and data related to the comments, as long as you activate the Unreddit extension.
See Deleted Reddit Photos through Archive.org
If none of the methods mentioned above worked, it’s time to use the “Wayback Machine” segment of Archive.org. This website captures and stores snapshots and details of most publicly available websites, including social media sites such as Reddit, Facebook, or Twitter. While it’s impossible, even for Archive.org, to record the detail of every single web page, it does contain an unimaginably huge collection of information from millions of websites and billions of web pages. Thus, even if the other three methods above failed you, there’s always a chance to review the deleted or modified details of any Reddit post through the web page.
Using Wayback Machine for Reddit Pages
Here’s how you can check the information you’re looking for using the Wayback Machine on Archive.org website:
- Open the Wayback Machine page in your browser and paste the link of the Reddit post you want to get the details of in the “Search Box.”
- Now, click on the “Browse History” button.
- After that, you will see a calendar-like chart including day, month, and year if the archive of the pasted link is available. You will see blue circles on the calendar dates.
- Bring your cursor to the calendar date with a blue circle and a box with one or more snapshots will pop up. It’s better to choose a calendar date when the photo or comment you’re looking for was still available.
- Now, click on one of the available snapshots, and you will be taken to the corresponding page. Now, you can see all the information available on the Reddit post (or the page with the Reddit post) during the chosen date and time.
With this, you can check past information, including any past photos, links, and comments of the Reddit post. If the website has archived the snapshots of the Reddit page multiple times, you can even check how the data has been revised in Reddit posts over time. However, please note that if any changes made on the Reddit post were quickly undone, it’s almost impossible to verify them even using Wayback Machine.