Roblox is a very popular online gaming platform. This game creation system was developed by the Roblox Corporation. Roblox has multiple users and is very popular because of its services. It allows users to create, develop, or program games. You can publish the games that you create, and you can also play games created by other users through Roblox. When you are using Roblox, you need to create an account, with a username and a password.
There are certain cases in which you may lose access to your account. You may forget your username, your password, your email, you may no longer have access to your email, or even you may have deleted your account. In all such cases, you will find it difficult to access your Roblox account.
If you are such a person, or if you are searching for a solution to some other problem related to account recovery, then you have come to the right place. Just keep reading, and you will find the perfect solution to your problem.
Case 1 – What to do if you forgot tour Roblox password?
On account of the huge number of web applications that we use today, we are bound to remember a lot of usernames and passwords. So, it is almost very common to forget them. Sometimes, you may also lose your passwords stored on your device! In all such cases, you only have two options – to try remembering your password or to change it. We have listed a few methods to help you change your password and regain access to your account. Continue reading to find the best method –
Method 1 – How to recover Roblox password with your email?
If you have linked your email address with your Roblox account, then you can use this method to get your account back easily. Remember that you must have access to your email for this method to work. Just follow all the steps mentioned below –
- Go to the official Roblox Login Page.
- Click on Forgot Password or Username?, located below the Log In button.
- Roblox will take you to a new page. Type in your email address in the form (Remember to enter the email address that you have linked with your Roblox account).
- Click on Submit.
- Click OK on the pop-up dialog box.
- The email that you have just received will contain a link. Open it and go to the link.
- If you have only one account linked to the email address that you entered, the link will take you to the Password Reset page. On the other hand, it will take you to a page that lists all the Roblox accounts linked with that email address. Select the account that you want to recover.
- Now type in and confirm your new password. Make sure that it is strong, and you remember it well.
That’s it. You have now successfully changed your Roblox password, and you can access your account with your new password whenever you want.
If you haven’t received your email yet, try checking in the spam or junk folders. If it is not in there, you will probably receive it a while later. Just wait for some time. If you don’t receive it even then, recheck your email address. It may be faulty, or you may have given a different email address when logging in to Roblox.
Method 2 – How to recover your Roblox password using phone number?
You can use your email address to get back your Roblox password. However, you may have used a fake email to create your account. Or else, you may even have deleted your email account or no longer have access to it. In such cases, you can also change your password with your phone number. Just follow all the steps mentioned below to do it –
- Visit the Roblox Login Page.
- Click the Forgot Password or Username? link, located below the Log In button.
- Click on Use phone number to reset password, located below the submit button.
- Select your country and country code from the first drop down box.
- Enter your phone number that is linked with your Roblox account, and hit Submit.
- Roblox will now initiate a verification process. Click on verify and select the appropriate options to verify that you are a human.
- Once complete, you will receive a 6-digit verification code on your mobile phone (If it is a valid mobile number used to create your Roblox account).
- Enter this verification code in the box given there and click on Verify.
- If your code is valid, Roblox will take you to the password reset page. You can enter a new password, confirm it and click on Submit.
That’s it. You have now successfully changed your password, and can use this new password to log in to your account whenever needed.
Case 2 – What to do if you don’t know the Roblox username?
So, what if you forgot your Roblox username, but you remember your password? Even in this case, you cannot log in to your account. But don’t worry. Roblox has got you covered. There is another way that you can get your username back. Here is how you do it –
- Go to the Roblox login page.
- Click on Forgot Username or Password?
- Switch to the Username tab.
- Follow all other steps given in Case 1.
This will now take you to a page, with a list of all the usernames linked with your email address or phone number. Just select the username that you want to recover.
Case 3 – How to Recover a Hacked Roblox Account?
Are you suspecting that your account is hacked? Is someone else using your account without your consent? Are you noticing some suspicious activity going on in your account? Well, there is nothing to worry about. If you take the necessary actions at the right time, you can easily recover your account. For a detailed explanation on protecting your Roblox account from hackers, continue reading.
So, you lost access to your Roblox account? To make things worse, it wasn’t your decision. Your account was compromised by someone who either manipulated you to spit out the login details, through phishing or in chat, or installed a sneaky piece of software that tracked your keystrokes and got the credentials. Well, we suppose the method no longer matters, the damage is done, and the result is identical. Regardless, we advise you to act quickly and try your best to restore everything back to working order. These are the steps to recover a hacked Roblox account –
Step 1. Preparation
There’s no point in resetting your password if the hacker still has access to your personal information or even your computer. The person will just do it again, and your hard work will be in vain. For that reason, do this:
- Run a full virus scan on your computer using an antivirus software of your choice.
- Go through the list of installed apps and programs, and remove anything that seems suspicious. You’re best off doing a Google search for the program’s name to determine if it’s a useful software or malware.
- On Windows. Start typing ‘add or’ and click on Add or remove programs. Click on the program, then click Uninstall.
- On Mac. You have two options here:
- Click the Launchpad icon on the dock (a spaceship). Find, click, and hold your cursor on a suspicious app until they all start to shake. Click the Delete button (X in the corner).
- Click on Finder in the dock. Choose Applications under Favorites in the menu on the left side. Drag the app to the Trash icon on your dock.
- Open your browser, and go through the list of extensions. Remove any extension that doesn’t look familiar.
Step 2. Reset your password
1. If you can log in, but suspect the hacker can too
- Login to Roblox.
- Open account Settings.
- On mobile, find the More icon (three horizontal dots).
- In the browser, click on the cogwheel icon in the top right corner.
- Select the tab titled Account Info.
- Click on the Change Password button (pen and paper icon).
- Type your current password for Roblox.
- Enter the new password twice. Make sure it’s complex and unique to Roblox. You can also use a password generator online.
2. If the hacker took over already
- Visit the Roblox Login page again.
- Click on Forgot Password or Username?
- If you think the hacker didn’t gain access to your e-mail address, enter the e-mail address tied to the account into the text field.
- Did you use the same password for your Roblox account and your e-mail address? Do you know for a fact that the perpetrator logged in to your e-mail too? If so, click on Use phone number to reset the password.
- You will receive a verification code as an SMS or e-mail, depending on the option you chose.
- Enter it into the text field, and you can choose a new password. Make sure it is unique and complex.
- You can follow the same steps if the hacker changed your username. Click on the tab titled Username in the upper right corner.
Step 3. Contact Roblox Customer Service
Unfortunately, hackers often change e-mail, phone number, username, and password after they take over. Luckily, you can still get your account back. There’s a very strong chance of recovery if:
- You contact Roblox Support from the first e-mail you registered your Roblox account with or the billing e-mail address you used when you made your first payment on the account.
- You can provide relevant information about your account. This includes old passwords, usernames, e-mail addresses, and verifying ownership in another way, such as screenshots, videos, time periods that can be matched in their database, etc.
Whether you can provide the information above or not, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Do this:
- Visit Roblox Contact Us page.
- Enter the name, e-mail address (the first one, if possible), and username (the last one you used before the hacker took over).
- Under Issue Details:
- Select a device you played Roblox on. If you did so across devices, select the one you think you spend the most time playing on.
- Under the help category, choose Account Hacked or Can’t Log In.
- In the description, explain the situation. Include dates and relevant information, but keep things concise. Don’t enter personal information, you’ll do so in correspondence with the Roblox Support Team.
- Click on Submit and check the e-mail regularly for a response.
- You’ll receive further instructions from their team.
How do I get Roblox items or currency back?
Roblox has set a limitation in place. If you submit a Contact Us form within 30 days of the account being compromised, they will do their best to recover your account inventory. They do not have access to a previous state of your Roblox account and will have to do it manually. The sooner you act, the better.
How to move on?
To prevent your Roblox account from being hacked again, read the Roblox Account Security guide. If you notice the person who stole your account around, or someone tries to scam you again, follow the official Report Rule Violations form.
How to contact Roblox Support to recover your account?
If you are facing any trouble with the methods mentioned above, or if you are facing some other problem, then you can reach out to the Roblox Support Team. You need to contact the support team, verify your account ownership, and explain your problem in detail. If Roblox finds it to be genuine, further assistance and help will be provided. Here is how you can do this –
- Go to the Roblox Support Page.
- If you can log in to your account, log in by clicking on the link that appears below. Else, enter your Date of birth to proceed.
- In the next page, enter your contact information like Roblox username (optional), your first name (optional), your email address and then retype your email address.
- In the next section, you have to enter the details of the problem that you are facing.
- On the first drop-down box, select the type of device that you are using Roblox.
- Next, select the type or category of the issue that you are facing. In this case, you need to select Account hacked or can’t log in.
- Type in a detailed description of the issue after this.
- Click on Submit.
That’s it. You have now successfully submitted a report to the Roblox Support Center. If the problem is genuine, a member of the Support team will contact you shortly.