Recover your Spotify account to get access to your favorite songs and tracks once again. It can be frustrating being not able to use the Spotify subscription you paid for due to some issues that prevent you from accessing your account. It can be a simple password forgot issue, or up to a level where your account got blocked for suspicious activity. Whatever the reason is, we will have a look at the different methods you can follow to get your Spotify account back as soon as possible.
Find Spotify Account
Even though it isn’t so common to lose your Spotify account, it can happen once in a while. Especially if you set up an account, haven’t used it for a while, and want to start using it again. If for some reason, you forgot your Spotify ID or couldn’t locate your account, you can follow these methods to find it.
1. Using your Email address
You can see if any of your email addresses are associated with a Spotify account by navigating to the password reset page (mentioned in the next section) and entering it in the password reset form. If it is, you will receive a notification saying you to reset the password. The web page will also tell you if the email address is associated with Spotify or not. So, this would be the easiest way to find out your Spotify account.
2. Using your Facebook Account
If you have a Facebook account that you usually use to sign in to services, chances are that it is connected with the Spotify account. To check it, follow these steps.
- From the Facebook dashboard, click on the Down arrow button at the top-right corner.
- Choose Settings & Privacy from the dropdown.
- Then click on Settings.
- On the left sidebar, choose the option Apps and Websites.
- There you can see all the apps and services connected with your Facebook account.
If you see your Spotify account there, you can use the Facebook account to sign in to Spotify easily.
Reset Spotify Password
Forgetting passwords is not a new thing to any of us. Every once in a while we forget a lot of passwords which is why there is even password storage services exist. Spotify is no exception. If you forgot your Spotify password and want to reset it, here are the steps you should follow.
- Go to the Spotify Password Reset Page.
- Enter your email address in the given textbox. You might also want to verify that you are a human by completing the captcha.
- Click on the Send button.
- You will receive a notification on your screen saying “A message has been sent to you by email with instructions on how to reset your password.“
- Check your email address for the message.
- Click on the link that you got via email. It will take you to a screen where you can type in your new password.
As easy as that. Your password is reset. Be sure to note it down somewhere safe so that you won’t have to repeat the steps again.
Spotify Account Suspended/Disabled?
Under extremely rare circumstances, your Spotify account may end up getting banned. There are several scenarios that may cause your account to get temporarily disabled by Spotify.
Why Spotify Suspend Accounts?
- Suspicious activity on your account can cause the account to be temporarily locked.
- Trying to chargeback the subscriptions you paid for from your bank account or PayPal may also result in an account suspension.
- Any technical errors or glitches (extremely rare.
How to recover Suspended Spotify Account?
There aren’t any specific steps that you have to follow except contacting Spotify support from their contact page. You will be asked to submit the necessary information or documents to verify your ownership of the Spotify account. As soon as you provide that, they will look into the issue and start investigating it. You will receive updates on your email address connected with your Spotify account. Unless you followed some sneaky practices, you will get your account back probably within a week.
Spotify Account Hacked?
If you cannot access your Spotify account and you noticed that even the email address is not connected with it anymore, it can be a sign of a hack attempt. If you notice any suspicious activity on your Spotify account, you should contact their support and explain the situation. They will look at the account activities and inform you if there was a hack attempt on your account.
To keep it secure, you should change your password every once in a while. It is also recommended to choose a strong, non-guessable password to enhance security. Currently, there are no additional security mechanisms such as the two-factor authentication feature available for Spotify accounts. So you should make sure of the security yourself.
Contact Spotify Support
Just like we already mentioned in the previous methods the best and easiest way to resolve any of the issues related to your Spotify account is by contacting their support. Of course, you should try the methods such as resetting your password to save some time waiting for their reply. If you absolutely cannot recover the account following any of the methods listed above, the next best option is to contact their support. Whatever the problem that is preventing you from logging into your Spotify account, they will resolve it for you.