Twitch is a very famous video live-streaming service. It was founded in 2011 in America. Twitch mainly focuses on video game live-streaming, particularly broadcasts from esports competitions. Apart from this, it also provides music broadcasts, creative content, and the most popular real-life streams. Like most other online platforms, you need to create a Twitch account to access all the streams. For this, you will need a username and a password. However, due to the long list of web applications we use every day, we have a lot of usernames and passwords on our minds. As a result, they easily slip out of our minds many times. Also, there are a lot of other possibilities that you may lose access to your Twitch account.
You may have accidentally deleted your account. You may have even deleted your account on purpose, but changed your mind later. In either case, your account got deleted, and you are in search of a method to get it back. There is also a possibility that you have deactivated or disabled your account, and you are looking for a method to reactivate it. Or in worst cases, your account may even be hacked!
Are you struggling with finding a solution to any such scenario? Don’t worry. We have listed a few possible methods to help you get back your Twitch account. Keep reading, and you will be able to find a solution to your problem –
Trouble Logging into your Twitch Account
As in a lot of web applications, Twitch requires you to create an account to access all of its contents. For this, you need a username and a password. Your username may be your email address or your mobile number. Whenever you log into your account, you have to enter your username and password to access it. But there are a lot of instances in which you find it difficult to log in to your account. In this section, we will go through each possible case and find the perfect solution for each case. So, if you have trouble logging in to your account, just browse through all the cases mentioned below and find the perfect one that suits you –
Case 1 – You Forgot Your Username
Forgetting your username is very common. Especially when you have a lot of Twitch accounts, it is pretty hard remembering the username associated with each account. So, what can you do if you don’t know it? How can you access your account? Well, fortunately, Twitch provides a tool that helps you find your username. It basically asks for your email address and lists out all the usernames that are linked to it. Here is how you use it –
- Go to the Forgot Username? form.
- Enter your email address or your mobile number, that is registered with your Twitch account.
- Click on Continue.
- Now, it asks for your username, which you don’t know. So, click on I Don’t Know My Username button below the text box.
- Twitch will take a few minutes to ensure that you are not a bot. After this, Twitch will email you a list of all the Twitch usernames that are associated with the email address. (You will receive an email on the address that you mentioned just before). If you have given your mobile number previously, then you will receive an SMS containing a 6 digit verification code. Enter the code in the next step.
That’s it! All you have to do now is to read the email from Twitch and spot the username from the list. If you have only 1 or 2 usernames, it is pretty easy. But if you have more, then just try to trigger your memory in recollecting your username from the list.
Case 2 – You Forgot Your Password
When compared to usernames, passwords tend to be frequently slipping out of our minds. Particularly because of the huge number of web applications that we use today, there are a lot of circumstances that we lose our passwords. We may forget it. We may have stored our password on our device, but later lost it, and a lot more. In any case like that, you may have lost access to your account. You need to change your password if you want to access your account. For this, you must verify your identity with Twitch. Fortunately, Twitch provides an in-built password recovery tool to help you recover your passwords and to help you regain access to your account. Here is how you use it –
- Visit the Twitch Account Recovery Page.
- Enter your email address or your phone number that is registered to your Twitch account.
- Now, click on Continue.
- Enter your username in the next text box. If you don’t know your username, follow all the steps mentioned in Case 1.
- After this, click on Send My Password Reset Link.
- Twitch will take a few seconds to verify that your email address or phone number and your username match with each other. Then, you will receive an email from Twitch.
- This email will contain a link to reset your password. Click on the link, and it will take you to another page.
- Type in your new password and follow all the instructions on the screen.
That’s it! You have now successfully changed your Twitch password. You can now log in to your Twitch account with your new password at any time.
Case 3 – You No Longer Have Access to the Email Address Linked to your Twitch Account
Have you recently deleted your email account? Or have you lost access to your email account for some reason? But, have you linked your email address with Twitch? Now that you no longer have access to your email account, you also cannot access Twitch. No worries! We have a solution just for you. You will be submitting a request ticket to Twitch. Once Twitch clears your ticket, you will have no problem logging in to your account! Here is how you do it –
- Visit the Twitch Contact Page.
- Scroll down to see the request support form. You need to fill in this form.
- Enter your name and your Twitch username in the first two boxes. Make sure that you type in the exact name and username as given earlier.
- Now, enter the email address that is registered with your Twitch account.
- Click on the Category selection box. From the list of options that appear below, select Account/Login Issues.
- Once you select the category, a new set of form elements appear below.
- Click on Sub Category. From the list of options, select Logging In.
- After this, choose I have forgotten my password from the Detail Category.
- You can refer the articles that are displayed if you want. Else, type in a detailed subject and description of your problem in the form below.
- After that, provide a few details to verify that it is you.
- After completing the entire form, click on Submit. Make sure that you check that you are not a Robot.
Once you submit your ticket, a member of the Twitch support team will contact you soon. Keep checking your email for any updates. These emails will contain the next set of instructions that you need to follow.
Case 4 – You still Haven’t Received your Account Verification Email
At times, emails from Twitch do not reach us properly. Twitch uses a complex system to process emails and in many cases, our email servers block emails from Twitch even before they reach the spam folder. You cannot start accessing your account with your email unless you verify it. But, you haven’t received your verification email yet. As a result, you cannot access your account through email forever. When this happens, you need to trigger Twitch to send you another email. Here is how you do that –
- Log in to your Twitch Account.
- Go to the Settings page.
- In your email field, enter a fake email address.
- Now, click on Save.
- Refresh your page.
- Now, erase the fake email and re-enter your original email address.
- Click on Save again.
You have just triggered Twitch to send you another verification email. If you still haven’t received the account verification email, you have to repeat this process a few times every day until you receive it.
Re-Activating Your Twitch Account
For several reasons, you may have deactivated or disabled your Twitch account. It may have even been accidental! Or if you have deactivated your account on purpose, you may have changed your mind now. In either case, you want to re-activate your account, and you are searching for a method to get your account back. Keep reading to know how to reactivate a Twitch account –
- Go to the official Twitch Homepage.
- Click on Log In to your top right corner.
- Enter the username and password of your deactivated account and click on Log in.
- If everything is correct, you will receive a pop-up dialog box welcoming you back. It will mention that your account is currently deactivated.
- If you want to reactivate it, click on Reactivate on the dialog box.
- You will now receive a confirmation stating that your account is reactivated!
That’s it! You have now easily reactivated your account. You can access it whenever you want by entering your previous username and password.