As you know, VK is one of the widely used Russian social media and social networking platforms. Though VK is available in around 11 languages, it is mostly used by Russian speakers. Just like most other social media platforms, VK needs you to create an account to access its services. So every time you use VK, you must log in to your account. However, there are times that you cannot access your VK account – you may have forgotten your password, you may no longer have access to your mobile number, or in worse cases, you may have even deleted your account. If something like that happens, we’ll tell you what you must do. We have also listed a few things that can go wrong and a few solutions to the most common problems. Keep reading, find the perfect method, follow all its steps, and recover access to your VK account!
Method 1 – Recover VK Account With Phone Number
Your VK username or login is nothing but your international phone number. That is, you need to enter your phone number along with your country code (without the plus symbol) in the username or login field. So even if you forget your password, you would still know your username. However, there are times in which even this will fail. Ergo, if you still have the phone number that you linked with your VK account, you can easily recover it with this method. If you don’t have access to it, then you can move on to the next method below.
- Go to the VK password reset page.
- Type in your email address or the phone number that you used to sign in to your device (the one that you have linked with your account previously).
- Now, click on Next.
- VK will verify your mobile number or email address. If it is correct, you will receive a verification code through SMS or email. Else, you will get an error message.
- All further instructions will be displayed after this.
Follow all the on-screen instructions, and you will be able to access your account soon. If you did not receive the verification code, or if you cannot access your mobile number or email account, or if you face some other issue with this method, then you can move on to the next method listed below.
Method 2 – Restore VK Account Without Phone Number
As we discussed earlier, the above method works only if you still have access to your phone number or email address that you used to create your account. If you don’t have those things with you anymore, then you can go with this method. Let us discuss the process in detail –
- Visit the VK password reset page as mentioned in the above method.
- Click on I can’t remember or don’t have access to this information above the Next button.
- Enter your VK profile URL in this field.
- If you cannot remember or do not have it with you, click on I cannot remember my profile link. It will take you to the search page, and you can search your profile from the search bar present there.
- Click on the This is my profile right next to your profile.
- You’ll be taken to a new form, where you need to enter all the details you can remember. This includes your phone number, email address and an old password to your account.
- Click on Send request.
You have thus submitted a request to get your account back. All further instructions will be communicated to you through your phone number or email address. Keep checking them to recover your account.