Zee5 is one of the widely used OTT (Over The Top) entertainment platforms. It is basically an Indian video-on-demand-like platform, owned by the famous Zee Entertainment Enterprises. It works just like all other OTT sites, you need to subscribe with a plan that is most suitable for you. You just need to select your favorite video and watch them right at the comfort of your home! When you use an entertainment platform like this, you need to create your own account. So, whenever you use Zee5, you must be logged in to your account. Like always, this needs a username and a password. Eventually, we may suddenly lose access to your account. Are you looking for a solution to recover your Zee5 account?
We sometimes tend to forget these credentials. Not only that, but we may also find it difficult to access our Zee5 account. If you are struggling with such problems, you have just reached the right spot! We have listed a few methods that will help you recover your Zee5 account. Keep reading to find the perfect solution and start having fun again! As you may have already known, you can log in to your Zee5 account in two ways – your mobile number, social media accounts, and your email ID. We will use these to change your password first.
Method 1 – Using Your Mobile Number to Recover Zee5 Account
If you have previously used your mobile number to log in to your Zee5 account, or if you have previously linked your mobile number to your account, then this is the right method for you. However, if you haven’t linked your mobile number, then you have nothing to do with your mobile number, and you can move on to the next method. Here is how you can use your mobile number to recover your Zee5 account –
- Go to the official Zee5 Password Reset page. If this link does not work for you, you can directly go to the Zee5 Login page (Click on Forgot Password? to continue).
- Enter your mobile number in the text box given.
- Click on Continue.
- You will receive the OTP as an SMS to your mobile number. Sometimes, you will receive an error stating “The user cannot be found“. This means that the number you just entered is not registered with Zee5. Cross check whether you have entered the right number.
- Note down the OTP and enter it in the text box that appears now.
- Now, type in a new password. Make sure that this is a strong password, and you remember it in the future.
- Retype to confirm this new password.
- Hit on Submit.
That’s it. You have now used your mobile number to successfully change your Zee5 password. You can now log in to your Zee5 account with your mobile number and this new password. If you keep getting the error even when you enter the right number, then you may have not registered your mobile number with Zee5. There is nothing to worry about if you face this problem or some other issue with logging in. We have a couple more solutions to help you recover your account.
Method 2 – Using Your Email ID to Recover Your Zee5 Account
Similar to your mobile number, you can also use your email ID to log in to your Zee5 account. In the same way, this method works only if you have previously used your email address to log in, or if you have linked your email ID to your Zee5 account previously. If you haven’t done any of these things before, then this method does not work for you, and you can directly proceed to the next method mentioned below. Let us now discuss the detailed procedure of recovering your Zee5 account with your email address –
- Firstly, visit the official Zee5 Password Reset Page. If this link does not work for you, you can directly go on to the usual Zee5 account login page. (In there, you will find the Forgot Password? Option right below the login form).
- Type in your email address in the text box given (the email address that you used to create or link your Zee5 account).
- Click on Send Password Reset Link. Sometimes, you will receive an error stating “The user could not be found“. This means that the email address you just entered is not registered with Zee5. Cross check whether you have entered the right email ID.
- You will now receive a verification email from Zee5. This email will contain a link to reset your password. Follow all the instructions given on this email to reset your password.
That’s it. You can now log in to your Zee5 account again. However, this method does not work for all. If you keep getting the error message as mentioned in method 3, it means that you may have not registered your email address with your Zee5 account. In this case, or if you cannot perform this method for some other cause, you can proceed with the next method given here –
Method 3 – Using Social Media Accounts to Recover Your Zee5 Account
Other than your mobile number and email address, you can also use your social media accounts like Google, Facebook, or Twitter. This applies when you have previously linked your Social media accounts with Zee5. The process becomes much easier if you are already logged in to these accounts on your device. All you need to do is –
- Go to the usual Zee5 login screen.
- Click on the particular social media icon (Google, Facebook, or Twitter, whatever you have linked to Zee5).
- Click on Forgot Password.
- Sign in to the respective Social media platform.
That’s it. You have now successfully logged in to your Zee5 account. However, if you have forgotten your password and are using your Social media account to log in, you need to sign in to your social media account every time you want to log in to Zee5. So, the ideal method to use this is to log in through social media once, and then change your password once you are inside your account. You can use any method to change your password. We have also discussed the different methods to change your Zee5 password.
Changing Your Zee5 Account Password
Sometimes, you are already logged in to your Zee5 account on one device, and you want to open it on another device. The problem is, you don’t remember your password. In some other cases, you have managed to log in to your account through some other method (like with your social media account), and want to change your password after that. Under such conditions, you need to change your password to access your account later. To help you out, we have discussed a few methods to change your account password. Keep reading to try them out –
Method 1 – Through Your Mobile Application
- Open your Zee5 Mobile Application (You are probably logged in. If not, log in with any method that is comfortable).
- Click on the hamburger menu (represented by three parallel lines) on your homepage.
- On the very top, you will see your profile name and icon. Click on it.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on Change Password.
- In order to change your password, you will have to type in your existing password first. If it is correct, you can proceed with entering and confirming a new password.
- Click on Update.
That’s it. You are done with changing your password! If you have trouble remembering your existing password, you can log in to your account with any of the methods mentioned above, and then change your password.
Method 2 – Through Your Web Browser
- Firstly, log in to your Zee5 account on your Web Browser.
- You will see a Profile icon on your top-right corner. Click on it.
- Tap on your name, which appears on the top.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on Change Password.
- Similar to the previous method, you will have to enter your existing password for confirmation. After that, you need to type in the new password twice.
- Finally, click on Update.
Contacting Zee5 Support
When any of the above methods do not work for you, or when you are facing some other problem, the final thing you can do is to contact the Zee5 Support Team. You just need to visit the Zee5 Support page and fill out a form regarding your problem. Here is how to do it –
- Visit the Zee5 Contact Page.
- You will find a contact form there. Enter all your details in that form. If you’re having doubts, here is how to do it –
- Select your country of residence from the first drop-down menu.
- After this, type in your mobile number that is registered with Zee5 and cross-check your country code. However, this field is optional. If you haven’t registered your mobile number, you can leave this field blank.
- Enter your email address on the next field (The one that you registered with Zee5).
- Now, you need to select the category of issue that you are facing. In this case, you are having trouble with Zee5 as a whole. So you need to select Product.
- In the next field, select the type of issue you are facing. In this case, you can select Reset Password, or Login Issue. You can also go with OTP / Verification Email not working, if that suits your problem.
- Copy and paste the error message that you received while facing the issue. (For e.g. “User not found”).
- Click on Submit.
You have now successfully submitted your issue to the Zee5 support team. If your report is genuine, a member of the support team will contact you shortly. However, this process will take some time. All further updates will be communicated through the email address that you just provided. So, keep checking your email and follow all instructions if you receive an update.