Xiaomi’s phones are known for their affordable prices, stunning features, solid performance, and most importantly, top-class device security. But no matter how careful we are or how secure our phone is, accidents can happen at any time. Consequently, you can lose multiple types of data from your phone, including your contact information. In this article, we are going to show you three easy methods to restore contacts in Redmi phones. Without further ado, let’s dive in.
Restore Contacts in Redmi Through Mi Cloud
Nowadays, every Redmi phone comes with a Mi Cloud set up right out of the box. Once you sync Mi Cloud with your device, it will automatically back up your phone’s data in the cloud to keep it safe. Therefore, if you have accidentally deleted your contacts, or they get erased from your device due to other reasons, e.g., virus or malware attack, you can easily restore them using the Mi Cloud feature. Here’s how you can do it:
- First, visit the Xiaomi Cloud page and sign in to your Mi Cloud account.
- Once you’re done signing in, go to the repository, look for the “Contact” section, and click on it.
- Next, you will see a list of backed-up contacts underneath the “Restore Contacts” option.
- Now, click on the “Restore Contacts” option to start the recovering process.
- Now, select the contacts you want to restore to your phone and click on the “Restore” button.
The whole process will be over in a couple of minutes. After it’s done, you will find the deleted contacts in your Redmi phone.
Recover Redmi Contacts Via Google Account
Didn’t sync your Redmi phone with Mi Cloud? No problem. You can always download them to your phone using your Google account. Since almost all Redmi users have one or more Google accounts on their mobile, your contacts might be saved inside Google Contacts. Follow the steps below to restore your Redmi contacts using a Google account:
- Open the Google Contacts page and sign in to your phone’s primary Google account.
- Next, tap on the “menu” option that is located in the upper-left corner of your mobile screen.
- After that, click on “More” and then on the “Undo Changes” option.
- Once you’re done with it, select a date, i.e., the time before your contacts were deleted from your device.
- After that, click on the “Confirm” option to finalize the changes.
With this, you can easily revert your Google contacts list to a date before your contacts were erased and find the contact you’re looking for.
Please note: This method is only available for use if you’re trying to restore contacts deleted within the past 30 days. If it’s already been over 30 days after your contact’s deletion, please use the next method to retrieve contacts on a Redmi smartphone.
Restoring Contacts Using Data Recovery Software
If the Google account option didn’t work either, it’s time to utilize Android data recovery software to retrieve contacts to your Redmi smart device. Before you do, you need to download and install a professional Android data rescue application on your computer.
Please make sure that you only use a data retrieval application from a renowned company to avoid any complications. Most professional data restoration software boast a similar UI and functionality. Therefore, you can follow these instructions to retrieve your contacts regardless of the software name:
- First, launch the software for Android data restoration on your computer.
- Now you need to connect your Redmi phone to your computer using a USB cable and prepare for debugging.
- Use the steps below to turn on USB debugging on your Redmi phone:
- Open the “Settings” app on your phone.
- Scroll down before tapping on the “About phone” entry.
- Next, tap the “Software Information” option.
- Now, tap the “Build number” option 7 times to get access to the “Developer options.”
- Come back to the main menu of the “Settings” app and select the “Developer options” entry.
- After that, tap on “USB Debugging” to enable it on your Redmi phone. You successfully connected your phone and your computer, and can proceed with recovery.
- Once you enable debugging and the application detects your phone is connected, select all types of data you want to scan for, then restore. We will choose the “Contacts” option here to rescue lost contacts.
- Next, click on the “Scan” option to start the scanning process, which might take a few minutes.
- Once the scan is complete, the software will come up with a list of multiple deleted contacts. Review them and select the contacts you want to get back to your computer.
- Next, click on the “Recover” button/option in the application.
- Finally, select a folder on your computer the software will send the rescued files to.
That was it! The aforementioned software restored lost contacts to your computer. You can transfer them to your phone at any time.