Whether it’s because of their variety of features, insane numbers of apps, or because of the ease of use, Android phones are becoming more popular with every passing day. However, nothing in this world is all sunshine and rainbows. Similarly, no matter how great the specs of your Huawei phone are, it will eventually start lagging, get slow, or become infected with a virus. In these cases, the best option is to back up your phone’s data and perform a factory reset. In this article, we will show you three easy and step-by-step methods to restore your Huawei phone to its original settings safely. So, let’s dig in.
How to Prepare Before Restoring Your Huawei Phone?
You won’t start preparing your foods before getting the right ingredients, would you? Well, it’s the same for your Huawei phone too. Before we guide you through the process to restore your Huawei device, you need to make some basic preparations. Here is a list of things you should do before start resetting your phone to factory settings:
- Make sure your phone has at least 70% battery before you start the restoring process. This is especially true if you’re planning to restore your phone via Android recovery.
- To avoid power supply-related errors, you should plug your charger into the phone and keep charging your Huawei phone while going through the reset process.
- Sometimes, your phone might get stuck during the hard reset. So, if you feel that your phone is taking too much time to restart after the reset is done, take the battery off, wait for 10 seconds, reattach the battery, and start the reset process again.
- Make sure you clear the cache from your phone before you start restoring your phone.
- To avoid accidental data loss, you should use professional third-party software to back up the data of your Huawei phone before starting the reset process.
Once you’re done taking the precautions, it’s time to start actually restoring your phone to factory settings.
How to Restore Huawei Phone?
Restoring your Huawei phone to its original settings doesn’t have to be super tough. In this section, we will show you three easy ways to restore your Huawei phone. Here we go…
Restore Your Phone Using Settings
If your phone is working perfectly, and you’re able to use the settings app, restoring your Huawei phone will be a piece of cake. Just follow the steps below to restore your phone to its original version using the settings app:
- Open the main menu and find the “Settings” app. Once you see the settings app, tap on it.
- Next, scroll down and tap on the “Backup and reset” option. This option will be located either under “Additional settings” or “Personalization.” If you have protected your Huawei phone with a password, you have to type the password to go to the next option.
- After that, tap on the “Factory Data Reset” option.
- In the next step, your phone will let you know that continuing with the factory reset will erase will the data stored in the internal storage of your phone. If you agree with it, tap on the “Reset device” button. With this, the reset process will start and once it’s complete, you would successfully restore the Huawei phone to factory settings.
Reset Huawei Phone to Factory Settings Using Android Recovery
The method is resetting your Huawei phone using the settings app is quite intuitive. However, that method is plausible only if your phone is working fine. But what if your phone is working right, and you’re unable to access your settings for some reason? In these cases, you need to reset your phone using Android Recovery. Here’s how you can do it:
- First, turn off your Huawei phone and plug in the charger. It’s important to keep the charger plugged on while you’re restoring your device using this method.
- Next, press your phone’s “Power” button and “Volume up” button at the same time. Keep holding them until the “Android System Recovery” option shows up.
- Now, use the “Volume down” button to move the blue highlight box to the “wipe data/factory reset” option.
- After that, click on the “Power” button to choose the option, and your phone will start the factory reset process.
- After a few minutes, the “Android system recovery” menu will show up again with different options.
- Next, use the “Volume down” key to move the blue highlighted box to the “reboot system now” option.
- Press the “Power” button again to choose the option.
Once your Huawei phone reboots, it will be restored back to its original settings.
Use Find My Device to Restore Your Phone
Using Google’s find my device is another great way to erase your phone’s data and restore it to its factory settings. As long as your phone has a Google account, you can use “Find My Device” to restore your Huawei phone. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Google’s “Find my device”.
- Once you click on the link, you will be taken to the “Find my device” setup, where Google will ask for your Gmail to log in. Log in with the Gmail ID that’s the same as the Gmail ID of the primary Google account of your Huawei phone.
- After that, Google will locate your Huawei phone. Once it locates your phone successfully, you will receive a notification on your mobile.
- Next, click on the “Erase Device” option on the left panel.
- Now, another menu will pop up asking for your confirmation. Click on the “Erase” option to finalize it. This will start resetting your device by erasing all its data and restoring your Huawei phone to its factory settings.