JioFi is a device that can be used to create a hotspot and connect multiple devices to the internet. It is a small and portable gadget with a rechargeable battery. The gadget can be used to connect up to 32 devices at a time and has a range of up to 10 meters. The device comes with a free data plan of 1 GB per day for all Jio users. But sometimes it fails to work, and you need to restore your JioFi device.
The device is a great tool to let you connect to the internet, but, as pointed out, may falter due to auto-restart, system error, forgotten password, or network error. That’s when a hard reset is what you need. You can make the JioFi device go back to factory settings by doing a hard reset. Doing so will delete all your data and settings but also fix any issues you are facing with the device.
Restore JioFi Device via Factory Reset
The factory reset is a procedure that erases all data and settings, including the new username and password. Everything is reverted to its original condition, including the router, which is then restored to factory settings. Resetting the JioFi router is simple. If you’ve accidentally made any modifications to the settings, they’ll be reverted to default values. Let’s explain it:
- Remove the back cover from the JioFi router after taking it in your hand.
- Finding the reset button on the back of your router is your next step. The RESET label is next to a tiny tunnel with a button at the end, which you will see to the right.
- Now, use a slim, pointy object like a needle or toothpick and press the button for 15-30 seconds without releasing it.
- After up to 30 seconds, release the button to witness all the lights begin blinking, as well as the router restarting itself.
- After it reboots, the device will be restored to its factory settings. You can re-configure your JioFi device by going to the JioFi Local HTML page (
http://jiofi.local.html/index.html) in your browser.
- Now, once you land on the page, a dialog box will pop up asking for the username and password information. By default, the username is set to “Administrator”.
- Type the asked details to get to the device’s home screen.
- You can update the login credentials for further login in the device’s account and profile settings.
Note: Keep changing the device password occasionally.
After doing a hard reset, your JioFi device will be restored to its factory settings. If you are still facing problems with your JioFi device, you can contact Jio Customer Service for further assistance.