Nokia has come a long way since its inception. From its very first feature phone to today’s advanced smartphone, this technology and electronics giant has rarely disappointed its customers. However, no matter how flawless Nokia mobile phones are, some of them are still bound to face some problems that might require you to restore your Nokia phone to its original settings. In this article, we will show you three easy ways you can revert your Nokia phone to its factory settings. So without further ado, let’s dig straight in.
Restoring Nokia Feature Phones
Although most of us use a smartphone nowadays, there are still people who like to carry an additional feature phone for convenience. Without a doubt, Nokia produces some of the best feature phones available in the market right now, including Nokia 105 (2019) or Nokia 3310 Dual SIM. However, users might occasionally need to return their feature Nokia phone to factory settings.
To do so, they can follow these steps:
- Come back to the home screen of your Nokia feature phone, type *#7370#, and press the “OK” button of your phone.
- The phone will ask for a security code in the next step.
- Once the menu for security code comes up, type 12345 and press the “OK” button again.
And it’s done. All the data saved in your phone will be wiped out, and your phone will go back to its original settings.
I Use an SD card and Saw No Results. What Now?
If your feature phone has an external memory card slot, and you have an external memory card inserted, the data in the card will remain intact. To wipe out all the data from the memory card at once, follow these steps:
- Press the “Menu” button on your phone to go to Menu and then go to the “Settings.”
- Next, tap on the “Restore factory settings” option.
- In the next step, type the security code 12345 and press the “OK” button.
With this, your Nokia feature phone will return to its factory settings.
Restore Nokia Smartphone Using Settings
Now you know how to restore your Nokia feature phones. But what about Nokia smartphones with Android OS? To restore these smartphones to factory settings, follow the steps below:
- From the home screen, go to the main menu and then tap on the “Settings” icon.
- Next, scroll down and find the “Backup & Reset” option. Once you find it, tap on it.
- After that, tap on the “Factory data reset” option in the next menu.
- Once you get into the next menu, tap on the “Reset” option.
- Now, tap on “Erase Everything.”
Once you follow all the steps, your Nokia smartphone will start its soft reset. The process will take a while. Your mobile will reboot once before it returns to the state it left the factory in.
Restore Nokia Phone Through Hard Reset
If your Nokia phone is active and still functions properly, you can use the methods mentioned above to reset your phones easily. But what if your smartphone just isn’t powering on? Is there no way to restore it to its factory settings? Don’t worry — there’s still a way to restore your Nokia phone even while it seems dead.
Follow these steps below to hard reset your Nokia phone while it’s turned off:
- First, make sure that your Nokia phone is actually powered off.
- After you confirm it, plug in the charger to your phone. Make sure your phone is charging before you continue to the next step.
- Next, press your phone’s “Volume up” button and hold it for a while.
- After a few seconds, press and hold the “Power” button while still holding the “Volume up” button.
- Keep holding both of the buttons until your phone vibrates.
- Once you feel the vibration, release the “Power” button and keep holding the “Volume up” button until you see one of these two things on your screen:
- Android Recovery
- No Command
- If you see “No Command” on your screen, follow these instructions to get back to the “Android Recovery” option:
- Press the “Power” button and hold it.
- While you’re holding the “Power” button, press the “Volume up” button and then release it instantly.
- After that, keep holding the “Power” button until you see the “Android Recovery” screen, and then release it.
- On the “Android Recovery” screen, tap on the “Wipe data/factory reset” option.
- After that, choose “YES” on the next screen. Once you select it, the system will start wiping out all of your phone’s data. It will take a while, so please be patient.
- Once the previous process is done, tap the “Reboot system now” option.
It will take a few minutes for the procedure to complete once again. Afterward, your Nokia phone will reboot once before getting restored to its original settings.