Quick Heal is well-known Indian antivirus software that creates file backups. That happens because not all analyzed files the software deems suspicious are malicious, and users would be angry if their program erases crucial data without approval. Although the software is supposed to aid users and act as protection, it’s not faultless and relies on databases of malicious files. Thus, the program uses the Backup & Restore feature to simultaneously prevent unwanted removal of data and assist users in keeping their data protected against virus attacks. Best of all, it stays in the background and shields data while being unobtrusive, making it easy to restore Quick Heal backup files.
1. Access the Privacy section of Quick Heal for Windows or Mac
The Privacy tab in the Quick Heal software is the only portion of the software you require to perform backup-related functions. Therefore, open your Quick Heal Total Security software for Windows or Mac. Head to the Privacy section in the left sidebar, and you’ll see three noteworthy options:
- Restore Backup — This is the option we will use in the step below. It allows you to recover data from a backup you created in the past.
- Manage Backup — This option lets users manipulate the previous backups they created.
- Data Backup — Provides an overview of backups and permits creating backups. We propose you avoid using this option to reduce the risk of overwriting old backups, though the chances are low to impossible unless you pick the same location and name.
2. Pick the source to restore Quick Heal backup files
After selecting the Restore Backup option, you’ll see an eponymous window, and have two options after clicking the cogwheel or gears icon in the upper right corner. The two options for Quick Heal backup restoration are as follows:
1. From System
The “From System” option permits you to send a backup anywhere on your computer. If that’s what you require, proceed to the Next button. After Quick Heal detects a backup on your machine, you will see a new window that has two noted components:
- Disk space required to restore backup — This is a message you cannot interact with. It shows the size of the most recent backup it detected, meaning you’ll need to have much storage space at a chosen disk drive.
- Select location — A mandatory option that permits users to choose the location on their drive where the backup will be restored to. We suggest you pick a drive that isn’t the same one where the backup is to prevent overwrites. After creating a folder, say, QH_Backup, and clicking OK, you will see the requirements in the previous option change. You’ll also see how much free space there is on that drive.
After determining the location fits, click the Next button. You will now see a loading bar and two locations: backup source and backup restoration destination. Though you can halt the process by clicking Stop, you should wait for the “Data Restored Successfully” message and click Close.
2. From Other Sources
The second option involves you clicking the empty circle in front of “From Other Sources”. Afterward, you can click the Select Location button like above. It permits users to pick a backup from a custom location, such as another partition, cloud backup folders, or an external drive. Pick the folder containing the backup on your computer, then click the Next button. The procedure is identical to the one above at this point.
Contact Quick Heal Technical Support to restore backup files (Alternative)
If you’re having trouble accessing your backup, Quick Heal Technical Support can help you restore it after you reach out in these ways:
- Visiting the Quick Heal Support page — Go through the Frequently Asked Questions, Knowledge Base Article, and How to Videos pages to see if you missed a crucial bit of information. Also, configure your country and language to get accurate information. We’ll demonstrate USA – English.
- Calling — +1-3473382630 a toll-free number, available from Monday to Saturday, 9 PM to 12 PM EST.
- Emailing — Send a message to [email protected].
- WhatsApp chat or call — +91 7030067377 during the same time as calling.
- Live chat — Click the chat icon in the bottom right corner to send a message.