Alipay is a well-known third-party payment gateway, developed by the Alibaba Group. Alipay is localized in China, and it emerged as the world’s largest mobile payment platform in 2013. To make use of Alipay, you need to create an account. You can log in to your account with your login credentials (username and password). However, a lot of times, people tend to forget their login credentials. Not being able to log in to your account is really frustrating. Especially, when you are using a payment platform and if you are not able to log in, you will be insecure.
So, are you a person who has forgotten your Alipay password? Or, are you facing some other issues in logging in to your account? Have you lost access to your Alipay account? Don’t worry! We have made this article just for you! To make things easier, we have listed a few possible methods that will help you out in regaining access to your account. So just keep reading to find the perfect solution that fits you.
Recover Alipay Using the Forgot Password Option
When the world is moving towards the internet era, a lot of web platforms require a username and a password to log in. With respect to the large number of applications that we use every day, it is very common that we lose or forget their login credentials. Just like any other web platform, Alipay provides an option to help you log in to your account if you have lost your login credentials.
In this method, we will be using this in-built feature from Alipay to recover your password. Just follow the steps mentioned below, and you will be recovering your password in no time –
Case 1 – You are Still Logged on to your Taobao Account on your Mobile Phone or Any Other Device
- Open the Alipay app on your mobile phone or on any other device that you are logged in.
- Tap on Quick login for Taobao users on the bottom.
- This will now automatically launch the Taobao app. Now, click on Allow Login on the Taobao app.
- Once you click allow, you will now again automatically redirected to your Alipay account.
You have now logged in to your Alipay account, even if you don’t remember your password. The Taobao account can be used as a backup login to enter into your Alipay Account. So, whenever you want to log in to your Alipay account, you can repeat the steps mentioned above.
However, there are certain cases that you are not logged in to your Taobao account on your mobile phone. In those cases, you cannot use this method. Just read the next method given below to access your Alipay account –
Case 2 – You are Not Logged in to your Taobao Account
Don’t worry if you are not logged in to your Taobao account on your mobile phone. There is another method to regain access to your Alipay account. In this method, you will ask Alipay to allow you into your account. In response, you will have to confirm your identity. For this, Alipay will send you an SMS to your registered mobile number. Here is how you do it –
- Launch the Alipay application from your mobile phone or any other device.
- Click on Login.
- Alipay will ask you to enter your account and password. In the place of your account, enter your Alipay account in the cc-xxxxxxxxxx or cc-xxxxxxxx format. That is, cc stands for Country Code and the x’s stand for your mobile number. This number should be registered to your Alipay account. For example, if you are residing in the USA, you should enter something like 1-1234567890.
- After that, click on Forgot Password?, which is right below the login button.
- Alipay will now ask you to confirm sending an SMS. Tap on Yes.
- As a result, Alipay will send you an SMS with a verification code to your registered mobile number.
- Note this number and enter it in the box at the Alipay application.
- Alipay will verify your code. If it is correct, it will take you to another screen. Enter your new password in this text field.
- Click on Save.
- After that, a pop-up box will appear. Click on Confirm.
That’s it. You have now successfully logged in to your Alipay account. Make sure that you remember your new password. This is the password that you will use for your Alipay and Taobao account.