Sometimes, we accidentally delete an important file, only to realize that we have made a mistake just a few moments later. However, it doesn’t mean that the file is gone forever. For most cases, the deleted file will be stored in the recycle bin for a set period of time, allowing us to restore the file once we realize our mistake. But what if the file we are looking for isn’t in the recycle bin? What if it has been permanently deleted. Does it mean we have no way to recover .bin files once they are gone from the recycle bin?
Thankfully, that’s not the case. In fact, there are multiple ways to recover any deleted files, including the files from the recycle bin. In this article, we will show you how to recover the .bin files whether they’re in the recycle bin or not.
So, without further ado, let’s dive in.
1. Recover .bin Files from Recycle Bin
Do you still have the deleted files in your recycle bin? If yes, then it’s quite easy to recover .bin files to your computer. You can use this method to restore your .bin files as long as the files meet the following criteria:
- You have not deleted the file from recycle bin.
- When you deleted the files, you didn’t erase them permanently, bypassing the safety of recycle bin storage.
- The file you deleted hasn’t surpassed the recycling period set in your computer. (The recycling period for the files stored in the recycle bin is set to 30 days by default, unless you alter it manually. Once a file hits the 30-day limit, it will be automatically deleted from the recycle bin.)
Once you ensure that your file is still in the recycle bin, follow the steps below to restore it back to your computer:
- Find the desktop icon of “Recycle Bin” on your computer’s home screen and double-click on it. Alternatively, you can also right-click on it and then click on the “Open” option to pop open the Recycle Bin window.
- Navigate the deleted files in the recycle bin. If there are too many files, and you’re having a hard time locating them, try using the “Search Box” at the top-right section of the Recycle Bin window.
- Once you find the file, right-click on it and a new prompt with multiple options will appear.
- Click on the “Restore” option.
With this, you can recover .bin files and restore them to their original location on your Windows 10 computer.
2. Use File History Backup
Did you make a File History backup on your computer? If you did, then you can use this method to restore your deleted .bin files with ease.
Please note: This method is only available to those users who have created a file history backup prior to the deletion of their files. If you didn’t create a file history backup before the deletion of your file, you may skip this method and go to the next one.
Follow the steps below to recover your recycle bin files using File History backup:
- Type “Control Panel” in the “Windows Search Bar” of your home screen and press the “Enter” key to open the Control Panel window.
- Next, click on the “System and Security” option.
- After that, click on the “File History” option.
- Now, on the left panel, click on the “Restore personal files” option, and it will open your backed-up files.
- Next, navigate to the file you want to recover. Once you find it, select it and then click on the green “Restore” button.
Once you’re done with the steps, your .bin files will be restored back to your recycle bin.
3. Recover .bin Files Using the File Explorer
It’s quite easy to restore your .bin files using the previous method, as long as you set up a File History backup beforehand. But what if you didn’t set one?
In this case, you can always recover your permanently deleted file by restoring your computer to a previous version via File Explorer. Follow these steps below to use File Explorer and recover .bin files:
- Type “File Explorer” in the “Windows Search Bar” and press the “Enter” key on your keyboard. This will open the file explorer window.
- Next, find the folder that contained the file before you deleted it. Once you find it, right-click on it and click on the “Properties” option.
- Next, click on the “Previous version” option, pick a date when the file was still in the selected folder, and click on the “Restore” button.
Now, the deleted file will appear in the folder. You can save the file to some other location and revert the folder that you had restored to a previous date to the most recent date to avoid losing your most recent files.
4. Recover the Permanently Deleted Recycle Bin Files Using a Third-party Software
In most cases, you will be able to recover your .bin file using one of the three methods we have mentioned above. But what if you’re still not able to restore the file, and it has been permanently deleted from your recycle bin too?
In this case, you need to use third-party data recovery software to recover your lost files. Please note that most professional data recovery software from reputed companies works in a similar way. So, you will be able to recover your deleted file following the steps below, no matter which software you choose to use:
- First, download and install the data recovery software on your PC and launch the program.
- Now, select the drive or folder you want to scan for your deleted files. In our case, we will select the “Recycle Bin” option and click on “Scan.”
- Once the scan is complete, you can filter or preview all your deleted files from the “Recycle Bin.” Select the file you want to restore and click on the “Recover” button.
Once you follow through with the entire method, your .bin file will be restored back to your recycle bin in its previous position.