Let’s face it; if you like downloading stuff from torrent sites, you might have encountered an issue with missing files. For instance, you downloaded a file completely and accidentally removed the file from the torrent client. In this case, many people may find it hard to locate the .torrent file on their computer. They would start the download again. That can work, but we ought to tell you that you can recover torrent files (BitTorrent included) from your computer.
That is because when you remove the torrents from the client application, your computer doesn’t remove the data files you used to download the content. Therefore, you wonder, “Is it possible to recover torrent files?” The answer is yes, and let’s have a look at how you can do it.
Method 1: Recover BitTorrent Files Manually
Every downloading application creates a directory on your system. Whether you use uTorrent or BitTorrent, you’ll be able to see a folder named after them on your local drive. Here is how to locate the folder:
- Right-click the torrent client and go to properties.
- Go to the “General” Tab and locate the folder where the app stores the saved and downloaded files.
- Copy the URL and paste it into the Windows File Explorer directory path C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitTorrent\
- Once you find the folder, you can recover the deleted torrent by double-clicking it.
Note. The “AppData” folder might be hidden. You can switch to the View tab in the top menu and put a checkmark on “Hidden files”.
Method 2: Using Search Option to Recover BitTorrent Files
Here’s what to do:
- Open the Windows File Explorer search option, type %appdata% and press the Enter key.
- Now type: C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\ to find BitTorrent folder.
- As you find the deleted torrent file, you can double-click it to restore it.
You can resume the canceled or deleted torrent files using the first two methods.
Method 3: Get BitTorrent File Back Using EaseUS Data Recovery Tool
When you delete a torrent while downloading, using a recovery program can help. Though we have no ties to the creator, we will use the EaseUS Data Recovery tool to show you ways to recover BitTorrent files you lost or erased.
- Download the EaseUS Data Recovery tool and install it.
- Launch it and select the partition/drive where the deleted files were kept. Select “Scan” to find missing files.
- Choose the files to recover in the lower area of the window. You can narrow down your search by using the filter option. If you remember the file name, you can also use the “Search files or folders” box, which is certainly one of the quickest methods to find whatever you’re searching for.
- Preview the recoverable files one by one. Then, pick the files you wish to restore and select “Recover” to transfer them to a new storage location.
- Once restored, you can resume downloading the files by launching it with the BitTorrent client.