Blogger is one of the most prominent Content Management Systems (CMS) owned by Google. It features multi-user blogs along with time-stamped entries. This platform allows you to write blogs and Google hosts them through the subdomain of blogspot.com. However, it also lets you access your blogs from custom domains. The main advantage of Blogger is that it allows you to manage up to 100 blogs or websites per Blogger account. On a whole, Blogger is considered to be a one-stop solution to manage all of your blogs.
However, you may face problems with your account. You may not be able to log in to your Blogger account for various reasons. This may include – you forgot your username, your password, your email, you lost your email ID, you deleted your blogger account, and so on. If you are looking for a solution to any one of the above-mentioned problems, then you have reached the right place. Keep reading this article to recover your Blogger Account.
Case 1 – You Forgot Blogger Username
Blogger requires you to sign in with a username and a password. In case you have not used your Blogger account for a long time, or if you are using multiple Blogger accounts, then there is a great chance that you forget your username. Under such situations, you just have to follow the below-mentioned steps to log in to your Blogger account.
- Go to Google’s Having Trouble Signing In? page.
- On reaching the above page, it will ask you to enter your email or phone number. Enter them.
- After this, enter your Full Name. (Both First Name and Last Name).
- The next step is the Verification Process. If you have entered your email, you will receive an email from Google. If you have given your mobile number, you will receive an SMS.
- The email or SMS you get will contain a verification code. Enter the code in the web page and hit Enter.
- Google will display a list of all the usernames that match with your details.
- You just need to find your username and that’s it!
This method provided by Google comes in very handy in case you forget your username. However, you may not find your username in the list displayed sometimes. This may be due to the following reasons –
- Your recovery email address or phone number maybe faulty or there may be too many accounts. So try entering other recovery email id’s and mobile numbers.
- Your username may have a typo (spelling mistake).
- You do not have a Google Account. In such a case, you have to create a new account.
Case 2 – Forgot Blogger Password
If you are having trouble remembering the password of your Blogger account, then this section is right for you. Just follow the steps mentioned below, and you can easily recover your Blogger account –
- Go to the official Blogger’s Account Support Page.
- In here, you will have two options to lookup your account. You can either search your account with your blog’s URL or you can search it through your email ID.
- If your blog is hosted on Blogspot, then enter the URL to your blog in the text box given there. If you are handling multiple blogs, then enter the URL to the one you post more often.
- In case you don’t have the URL of your blog site or if you are not hosting on Blogspot, then enter your email address in the textbox given below.
- After entering the corresponding details, hit Lookup.
- After this, you will receive an email from Google to the email address linked with your Blogger account.
- This process may take upto 30 minutes. If you cannot find the mail, check the spam folder of your inbox.
- This email will walk you through the entire recovery process. Just follow the steps there and you will regain access to your account.
Case 3 – You Forgot the Email Linked With your Blogger Account
Forgetting your email address is not a common problem. However, if you are using multiple Google accounts, you may have forgotten which account you linked to your Blogger account. In such cases, you need to follow the below steps –
- Follow the same steps given in Case 2.
- Instead of entering your email address, just type in the URL of your blog.
- Google will help you recover your account.
Case 4 – You Deleted Your Gmail Account Associated with Your Blogger Account
If you have deleted your Gmail Account or if your Google account gets deleted for some reason, you may have trouble logging in to your Blogger account. In such cases, you will have to add another admin to your Blogger account. In rare cases, Blogger will sometimes allow you to log in with your deleted Google Account. If it allows you, just follow the below steps –
- Go to the official Blogger homepage.
- Log in with the email address that you used previously for your blog.
- If it allows you to proceed, enter the last password that you remember.
- After entering into your Blogger account, you have to add yourself as the new admin. For that, follow the steps mentioned below –
- Now that you have logged in to your Blogger account, select any one of your blog.
- Go to Settings from the side panel.
- Click on Basic.
- Scroll down and you will see a Permissions section. It contains a list of the blog authors, blog readers and so on.
- Click on +Add Authors on the Blog Author Section.
- Enter your new email address and select Invite Authors.
- You will receive an invitation to your new email address. Log in to your email and accept the invitation.
- Now, again visit your blog’s dashboard and you will see that a new author has been added.
- From the drop down box near your name, select Admin. And change the old email address from Admin to Author.
- That’s it. You have now added a new admin to your Blogger account.
- Now, you can log in to your Blogger Account with your new Google Account.
Case 5 – You Removed Yourself From Being a Blog Administrator
You may have changed your status of administration accidentally or intentionally, or you may have deleted your name as an administrator. If you have removed yourself from being a blog administrator, then you cannot undo it. Google will not recognize you as a valid admin anymore. However, if you are hosting your blog on Blogspot, there is a method to regain your admin status.
Blogger does not allow you to remove a blog admin if there is only one person as an administrator. You can delete your admin status only if you have added at least one person as an admin. Now, all you have to do is to ask the other admin (or admins) to give you an administrator status. Once they provide you the status, you will receive an invitation through your email. After you’ve accepted it, you can again gain access as the blog administrator.
If you don’t remember who is your other admin, then you can initiate an account recovery procedure with your Blog URL (mentioned in Case 2). The other admin of the blog will receive the recovery email from Blogger.com. So, reach out to your people who may have access to the blog and ask them if they have received the recovery email. Once you have found the admin, you can ask them to give you an administrator status.
Case 6 – You are Having Other Problems Signing In to Blogger
Almost all of the reasons that may deprive your access to your Blogger account are discussed above. However, if you are still having trouble accessing your account or if you have some other problem with Blogger, you can always reach out to the Blogger Help Center. You can browse the community questions if anything matches your issue. Also, you can type in your problem in the search box and you will find a number of articles regarding your issue.