Losing access to a Bluehost account can bring a lot of trouble. Your website(s) will remain online if the hosting subscription is active, and webmail accounts remain accessible, but the rest will stay off-limits. You cannot access your cPanel nor the web applications within, including your cloud backups, web-based FTP and MySQL, task scheduling, or domain settings, to name a few. Therefore, you must do your best to sign back in as quickly as possible. While we know you’re stressed out, try to relax for a few minutes. Then, follow us as we demonstrate how to recover your Bluehost account.
1. Recover Bluehost account by resetting the password
The most common reason for the inability to access your account Dashboard is a lost password. For that reason, follow these steps to restore the Bluehost account with a forgotten password:
- Head on over to the Bluehost Login page.
- Make sure you select Hosting Login in the top left corner.
- Click on Forgot Password.
- Under Step 1. Enter your username e.g., full domain name (website URL without “http”, “https”, or “www”) and click on Next.
- Note. If you don’t remember your domain name, or it expired, move to method 2 immediately.
- In Step 2, an authentication link will be sent to the e-mail address tied to your Bluehost account.
- Don’t close the tab, sign in to your e-mail client, and click the password reset link. If it isn’t in your Inbox, check the Junk, Spam, or Social folders.
- In Step 3, enter your new Bluehost account password twice, and confirm changes.
- You can now sign back into your account for Bluehost.
2. Contact Bluehost Customer Support
Unlike some web hosting services that have dedicated pages, letting users search for their forgotten e-mail address, username, or domain name, Bluehost doesn’t. That’s not surprising, as it makes finding information for brute force or bot attacks easier. Therefore, to request any additional information or help regarding your account, you must get in touch with their representative. Here are a few ways to reach out to Bluehost Customer Service:
- 24/7 Phone call: Dial 844-303-1810.
- Social media: Send a message via Facebook Twitter, and Instagram (@bluehost).
- 24/7 Help Chat (https://helpchat.bluehost.com): Choose Existing Customer and then:
- Provide the first and last name given when you created the account.
- Enter a domain name, phone number, or e-mail address before clicking Next.
- Under Topic, select Account Verification.
- Describe your situation and add more details before clicking on Find Help.