Cloudflare is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing cloud companies, providing security and performance to more than 5.5 million customers. It grew rapidly, mainly because they offer an excellent service every website could benefit from. It consists of plenty of website benefits but primarily caching content at well-optimized data centers dispersed around the globe. Cloudflare also manages to eradicate countless spam comments, malicious bots and crawlers, and other online annoyances. However, a common issue the company faces is user accounts periodically getting compromised. You can almost always find some users leaving complaints in the Cloudflare community. If you are in the same boat, you need to be familiar with ways to recover a Cloudflare account.
Recover Cloudflare Account if You Forgot Email
Cloudflare Email Address Helper is a free tool that can help you figure out your Cloudflare email address. Simply fill out the form below with your Cloudflare domain to get a message to the email address on file. This tool is not available for Enterprise customers, who must reach out to their Customer Success Manager. If you are a free, Pro, or a Business user, follow these steps:
- Go to the Cloudflare Forgot Email page.
- Type your domain name.
- Complete the Captcha challenge.
- Cloudflare will email you using the address associated with your domain name. Check your spam folder if you don’t receive an email within 20 minutes. The message will be sent from [email protected] or [email protected], according to their instructions on creating your records.
If you can’t access your account’s email address, you’ll need to link your domain to another account. Contact Cloudflare because they work tirelessly to prevent account hijacking.
Recovering Cloudflare Account with Forgotten Password
Go to the Cloudflare Login page and type your email ID. Now:
- Proceed to click Forgot Password and provide your email ID again. Wait for a message with a password reset code to arrive to the associated email account.
- Go to the Cloudflare Password Reset page.
- Provide the password reset code alongside your new password.
Note: This password reset link will expire within two hours. Also, your new password must be at least 8 characters long, with at least 1 digit and 1 special character.
Solving Two-factor Authentication Problems with Cloudflare Account
Lost your phone, security key, or authentication code? You could lose access to your Cloudflare account permanently. However, a backup code or one from an authentication application can address these problems. You should have copied your backup codes to a safe location before starting the two-factor authentication setup. To restore access using a Cloudflare backup code, do this:
- Restore the backup code from your last saved location.
- Visit the Cloudflare Login page again.
- Type the backup code on the login screen and proceed by clicking Log in. The backup code will become invalid once you use it.
- If you managed to log in, or have access to the account on another device, you can turn 2FA off on the Profile page we mention in the last method.
Regain Access to Cloudflare via Temporary Code
You can use a confirmed device to obtain a temporary access code if you can neither bypass 2FA nor have a backup code. Here’s how it works:
- Visit the Cloudflare dashboard page and try to sign in.
- Generate new backup codes by clicking Can’t access your 2FA device or backup codes on the “Two-Factor Authentication” page.
- Proceed to Begin recovery.
- Using a temporary access code, double-check the email address linked to your account.
- Verify the device you’re logging in from is suitable for this purpose. For example, if you wipe your browser’s memory regularly or are logging in from a different IP address, all related data is deleted. Thus, you will need to use a different device for verification.
- After you complete the verification process, for security purposes, you must wait 3 to 5 days to receive the code necessary to recover your account for Cloudflare.
Reminder: If you’re still having difficulties with two-factor authentication, go to Recover your account and follow on-screen instructions.
Change Cloudflare Email Address or Password from the Dashboard
If you are logged in on another device, you can alter the email address associated with your Cloudflare account internally: Here’s what to do:
- Visit the Cloudflare Profile page and choose your account.
- Opt to Change Email Address in the “Email address” section.
- Type your new email address in “New Email” and “Confirm Email” fields.
- Input your current password and select Save.
If you need to set a new password, get to the dashboard like in step 1 above. Select Authentication in the “Account” section. Go to Password → Change to enter it.