Need to restore access to your EA account? Not an issue – the process is much easier than you think. The first step to recovery is to gather as much information as possible – the more you have, the better the chances. Furthermore, it’s important that you start the process from a computer you used to access the service in the past. This will help immensely and can push things forward even if you run out of things to prove your identity with. It’s also important to be patient, as you might have to wait to talk to a real person. With that said, here’s how to recover EA account.
Guide to recover EA account
Forgot the password to your EA account?
Are you getting an error such as “Your credentials are incorrect or have expired. Please try again or reset your password”? Here’s what to do.
- Visit the EA Reset Password page.
- Enter your e-mail address or EA ID.
- In both cases, you will get a message saying Check Your Email.
- Check your Inbox and Junk folders for an email titled Reset Your Password.
- Click the link inside to open a new tab in your browser.
- Enter your new password twice and click Submit.
How do I enable and use EA Login Verification?
Now that you can log in, we recommend enabling Login Verification.
- Go to EA Security settings after you log in.
- Under Login Verification, click on Turn On.
- You’ll receive a verification code to the secondary email or phone number you added in the past. You can also add new ones under the Secondary Email/Phone Number options in the account settings.
This has multiple uses:
- It can prevent future hacking attempts.
- It gives you a secondary way to login after your primary email address is compromised or lost.
- This code is a requirement for some games, web, and companion apps. For example, you’ll need it access FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT).
If you have enabled this feature in the past, you’ll now get the following options after an unsuccessful login:
- Email *your secondary email address*
- Call *your phone number*
- Text *your phone number*
Click on Send Security Code, enter the code you received, and click Submit. And like that, you’ve restored access to your EA Account!
What to do if I lost my EA ID and email address?
Did you get an error such as “This account is invalid”? It might be a typo – try again! However, if you are sure you forgot or lost the credentials above, your best bet is to get in touch with EA. Luckily, they have trained agents you can talk to, called Account Advisors.
What do I need?
Your success hinges on these things:
- Provide the first email address that was linked to the EA account. You don’t necessarily need to access it.
- Any usernames you can remember. This includes your current or past EA IDs. If you linked these in the past, also mention your Xbox Live Gamertag or PlayStation Network Online ID.
- Invoices about the games you’ve purchased in the past, whether through Origin or EA Desktop.
- Sending the request from a familiar IP address and computer.
How to start the recovery process via EA Customer Support?
Follow these steps:
- Open the EA Contact Us page. You might have to login to view this page or its sections.
- Under Select the game or service, select Origin or EA Desktop App from the list.
- Under Select topic, select Manage my account.
- For Select issue, choose the one that fits your situation. For example, Can’t log in, Hacked account, Manage account details, or Restore account.
- Click on Select contact option.
- Click on Get help from an advisor without logging in.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Use an e-mail address you can check regularly if you cannot sit in a queue to start talking via text or on the phone (in certain countries only). Alternatively, try this outside of busy hours.
- Prepare for a rigorous process of confirming your identity. Do your best to provide whatever is asked of you.
- Don’t be afraid to try again if you get rejected. There are no limits to the number of times you can send an EA account recovery application. However, you’ll need to divulge new information or provide new proof each time, no matter how small.
Recovering Your EA Account through Social Media Verification
If you have linked your EA account to a social media platform such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google, you have an additional option for account recovery: social media verification. Here’s a straightforward guide to recovering your EA account using social media verification:
- Begin by visiting the EA account recovery page or contacting EA Customer Support.
- Select the account recovery option and provide the necessary details as prompted.
- When asked to verify your identity, choose the social media verification method.
- Pick the social media platform that is connected to your EA account (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, or Google).
- Follow the provided instructions to log in to your social media account and grant permission for EA to access your profile information.
- Once your identity is verified through your social media account, EA will proceed with validating your identity.
- If the verification is successful, you will regain access to your EA account.
Account Recovery via Proof of Purchase
Another effective method for recovering your EA account involves providing proof of purchase for games or services associated with your account. This option is especially helpful if you have made purchases through Origin or EA Desktop. Follow these steps to recover your EA account using proof of purchase:
- Visit the EA account recovery page or reach out to EA Customer Support.
- Select the account recovery option and provide the necessary details as requested.
- Opt for the proof of purchase method when prompted to verify your identity.
- Gather any invoices or receipts related to games or services you have purchased through Origin or EA Desktop.
- Provide relevant information from the invoices, including order numbers, purchase dates, and the names of the games or services.
- Submit the proof of purchase details along with your account recovery request.
- EA will carefully review the provided proof of purchase to authenticate your identity.
- If the proof of purchase is deemed valid, you will successfully regain access to your EA account.
Utilizing proof of purchase for account recovery can be highly beneficial when you no longer have access to the email address or phone number associated with your EA account, or when other recovery methods have not been successful.