Want to log back into your account on eBay? Whether it’s been a while and you used to be an active seller or buyer, or it’s going to be your first time, restoring access is equally important. It’s the circumstances of it that matter in this case. Obviously, it’s not the same thing to lose your password or User ID and getting suspended by eBay themselves. Lucky for you, we’ll cover all of these reasons in our guide on how to recover eBay account. Look at your Notepad, a physical notepad, or a browser extension, and try to gather as much information. Then, let’s get into it.
To recover eBay account
Before we start, it’s important to mention two things:
- The unique eBay User ID (username) and the account history cannot be transferred to a new account, even by eBay. If you lose access to it, you will have to register a new eBay account.
- eBay typically doesn’t delete accounts for inactivity, except if a really long time has passed, and they cannot contact the account owner. If your account doesn’t exist anymore, it’s likely for a policy violation.
1. I forgot my eBay password
- Visit the eBay Get help signing in page.
- Enter your e-mail address or username.
- You will see a message We’ll e/mail you at ****@youremail.com with a link.
- Click on Receive email.
- Open your e-mail client and find an e-mail titled Confirm it’s you to access your eBay account.
Tip. Check the Inbox and Junk folders. You can also click Resend on the website.
- Click on the Confirm button, to be sent to a page where you can reset your password.
2. I can’t remember my eBay user ID
Here are three easy options to try:
- If you know your e-mail address and password, simply sign in, and you can see your username.
- If you only know your e-mail address, you can try this:
- Open eBay Forgot your user ID? page.
- Enter your e-mail address twice and click Continue.
- Check your e-mail address Inbox for details.
- Contact eBay Customer Service.
- Fill in your e-mail address, describe the situation in the large text box, enter the verification code from the image, and click Send.
- Wait for a response in form of an e-mail.
3. What to do if I used Apple, Google, or Facebook to register?
In this case, eBay can do nothing to help you, they’re only intermediaries. Lucky for you, we made multiple guides on that topic. Check them out:
- How to recover a Facebook account
- Steps to recover Gmail account password without phone number
- How to recover deleted Gmail account
- How to recover Apple ID
4. I lost my eBay credentials
If you lost your e-mail address, and you know the username and password, you can simply log in and go to My eBay, then Personal Information to view and change it. However, if you believe your account was hacked, or deleted by eBay for a violation of a rule, you can try this:
- Visit the eBay Contact us page.
- Select Account.
- Click on Get help with a hacked account.
- Read the guide, it might help.
- Scroll all the way down and click on Have us call you under Need more help?
- If you can’t sign in, click on Continue under New to eBay, or need help signing in?
- Enter the necessary details. If you lost the original e-mail address, enter a new one you can check regularly.
- Wait for a call with a representative, and explain the situation.
- Follow steps 1 and 2 above.
- Click on Account holds, restrictions, and suspensions.
- Read the written guide.
- Scroll all the way down and click on Chat with us.
- If chat is temporarily unavailable (outside of business hours), you might also try contacting eBay by sending them a message on Facebook and Twitter.
Those were the steps required to restore eBay account. If you added secret questions or registered a phone number, you could use that information to prove your identity with eBay Customer Service.
These are the frequently asked questions about eBay account recovery –
Can I recover my eBay purchase history?
Yes. You can recover your eBay purchase history. The possibility of recovering the purchase history will depend on certain factors. We explained it in detail in our previous article, as mentioned.
How to recover a suspended eBay account?
eBay suspends accounts for several reasons. It could be as simple as a pending payment or as serious as fake addresses. In most of the cases, the accounts are suspended because of a pending fee to eBay. Clearing that payment will reinstate your eBay account.
If the issue is not a pending payment, you might need to contact eBay customer support and ask them the reason for the suspension. They will be able to help you to get your eBay account back.
Is it possible to recover messages with the eBay account?
Yes, you can recover eBay messages as well. If you do not have access to the eBay messages because your account was suspended, simply reinstating the account will also restore your messages. If you deleted the messages manually or something gone wrong, you might have to do a little more than that.