Thousands of businesses rely on Facebook for Business for building their presence through ads. It helps them generate leads, boost sales, attain a loyal customer base, expand their reach, and more. To keep up with growth, they require a large workforce that works in coordination, which is what the Facebook Business Manager work platform is designed for. The company leader can add employees, and assign user roles, tasks, and assets, track progress and performance, and much more. The problem arises when access to platform accounts is lost but that an issue we can help with. So, here’s how to recover the Facebook Business Manager account.
1. Recover Facebook Business Manager Admin account
Do this to retrieve an Admin account for Facebook Business Manager based on the circumstances:
1. Deleted or disabled Business Manager account
Do you think your account was accidentally disabled by Facebook and their algorithm? Has someone hacked an Admin account or an outraged fired employee decided to enact revenge? Here’s what to do:
- Deactivated. There are 3 options here:
- You will get an option to Appeal the decision after signing in.
- Visit the Account Quality page while signed in to the Admin account. You’ll see a What You Can Do section. Click on Request Review and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Use their Disabled Consumer Payments Support page if your deactivated Business page has a checkout functionality.
- Erased. Visit Facebook Business and sign in. You’ll see a Business scheduled for deletion popup. Click on the Don’t Delete this Business button within 24 hours of the deletion request. Otherwise, use the method below.
3. Inaccessible Business Manager account
There are 4 ways to reach out to Facebook about an account you can’t sign in to:
- Up until mid-2021, there was a Chat with a representative option on the Business Help Support page (www.facebook.com/business/help/support). It might be temporarily removed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Facebook recommends sending a message to their Facebook Business/Ad Support page (www.facebook.com/facebookadsupport). The representative will instruct you on how to upload your ID, provide business credentials, and more.
- Some users report success in restoring their Facebook account for Business Manager after contacting Sheryl Sandberg, COO at Facebook, via e-mail at [email protected].
- If another Admin can sign in to the Business Manager, he/she can visit Direct Support (www.business.facebook.com/direct-support) and click on Ask a Question.
2. Restore Facebook Business Manager user account
Admin can simply add a user by entering their work e-mail. For that reason, to retrieve the user account for the Facebook Business Manager, use the method that fits the type of e-mail account they use to sign in. To clarify, if they used an e-mail address corresponding with Facebook, simply use these steps to recover Facebook account. If they usually sign in with a username, the “retrieve Facebook account with username” guide will help.
3. Retrieve Facebook Business Manager Account by Contacting their Support
Just like we mentioned in many of our guides, if nothing works, the last resort we have is contacting the support. You can go to the Facebook Business support page and choose the appropriate methods to contact them. Let them know the issues you are facing with your Business Manager account and provide necessary details when asked. If they find that your request is legit and your account wasn’t under any manual actions due to any violations, they will help you with recovering the Business Manager account.