Without any doubt, Facebook has been one of the most prominent social media platforms ever. When Facebook was launched, it was the new buzz in the world. Almost everyone created their own Facebook account and it marked the beginning of the new digital social media era. Currently, there are billions of people who use Facebook every day, either personally or for business needs. Facebook also provides a feature called “Facebook Pages”. This feature allows you to create a community of your own. You can post a variety of content on your page. People can follow you to receive regular updates from you. Facebook pages come in very handy for a lot of purposes. They can be used either for entertainment or to create a brand for your business. It helps you reach a lot of audiences. Small-scale organizations have gained a lot of response by building Facebook pages.
However, sometimes, your page may get deleted or disabled. This may be done both ways – either you decided to delete the page or Facebook decides to close your page. You would have deleted the page for some reason or even you may have deleted the page by mistake. In such cases, if you want to revert back to your deleted Facebook page, here are a few instructions on what to do next. Follow these simple steps and you will get your page back.
Method 1 – Recover a Facebook Page Deleted by You
If you decide to delete your Facebook page for any reason, Facebook now provides you with a 14-day restoration period. This means that your page won’t get “actually” deleted for 14 days. Instead, it remains visible to the public throughout the restoration period. After 14 days, you can choose either to continue with your page or to permanently delete it. The complete cycle of deletion with restoration is explained as follows –
- Visit the official Facebook Homepage (Either in your mobile app or web browser).
- Log into your account, which acts as the admin for the page that you want to recover.
- Go to the tab labeled “Pages” and select the page that you wish to recover.
- Go to “Settings“.
- Under the options listed, select “General“.
- On your general settings screen, you will see a message on the top. It specifies the number of days left to cancel your deletion.
- Click on “Cancel Deletion” from the message.
- On selecting it, you will receive a confirmation pop-up box asking if you are sure you want to cancel the deletion. Click on “Confirm“.
- That’s it. Your page is now recovered.
Note: This method works only if you try to cancel the page deletion within 14 days of deleting your page. If the period exceeds 14 days, your page will be permanently deleted, and you cannot retrieve it.
Method 2 – Restore an Unpublished Facebook Page
Sometimes, if you have started a new page on Facebook and remain inactive for a long time, Facebook may decide to unpublish your page. This means that your page will not be visible to any of your audience, even the ones who have reacted and commented on your posts. It will be visible only to the people who are directly involved in managing the page. In such cases, you will have to perform a few small actions to get your page re-activated.
- Go to the official Facebook Homepage (either in your mobile app or web browser).
- Log in to your account, which acts as the admin for the page you wish to re-activate.
- Go to the tab labeled “Pages” and select the specific page.
- Go to “Settings“, located at the top of the page.
- When the settings page opens up, select “General” and then “Page visibility”.
- Now click to select “Page Published”.
- Once you have changed the visibility, select “Save Changes”.
- That is it. You have now re-activated your unpublished account.
Method 3 – Recover Facebook Page Deleted By Facebook
Facebook has a pre-defined set of rules for all its page admins. These rules are to be strictly followed and if violated, Facebook may remove that particular page. Other than this, Facebook may delete your page for a number of reasons. The most important factors that may get your page deleted include – Fake pages, Cover photos that don’t fall under the Facebook Guidelines, using illegal strategies, promoting abusive content, and using copyrighted content.
Facebook has repeatedly announced that once it has deleted a page, it is permanent and cannot be recovered. In spite of that, several accounts have been recovered to date. A lot of NGOs and business agencies have got their account back. The recovery process is very difficult and it is uncertain. However, it is worth a try. The following steps can be followed to try restoring your deleted Facebook page –
- Go to the official Facebook homepage (Through your web browser).
- Log in to your Facebook account, which acts as the admin for the page that you wish to recover.
- Open a new tab on your web browser.
- Go to the Facebook page issue reporting page. If you haven’t already logged into your Facebook account, it might ask you to.
- A “Report an Issue with Facebook Pages” form opens up.
- You can report an issue directly to Facebook through this page. Fill in the URL of your page and describe your issue in detail. You can also attach a screenshot to the form if you want.
- After filling in all the details, click on “Send“. Your form is now submitted to Facebook.
- Now, all you have to do is wait patiently until Facebook responds to your request. However, there is no assurance that you will get a response from Facebook.
Contact Facebook for Page Recovery
If you are facing any trouble with any of the procedures listed above or if any of the ways do not work for you, you can contact the Facebook Support Team. You can contact the support team by following the steps listed below –
- Go to the official Facebook Homepage and log in to your Facebook account.
- Click the drop-down icon on the top left corner.
- In the listed options, find and select “Help & Support“.
- From the listed options, go to the “Help Center“.
- You can search for what you want in the search box given there. A list of articles that could solve your problem will appear. Select the article which best suits your problem and follow the instructions given there.
While contacting their support for resolving the issue regarding your FB page, make sure to be honest and provide any information that might increase your chances of getting your page back.