Jobs are crucial to us. However, with time, the quality of labor has risen significantly and so have the job requirements. Today, everyone has a decent enough education, leading to great competition. And the huge population with a minute amount of jobs has given rise to severe unemployment. As such, many aspirants find themselves trapped in jobs that they are overqualified for. It leads to dissatisfaction with the job and sometimes even severe mental health conditions. Due to such employment challenges, many job seekers are turning towards the freelance market.
A freelancer is independent in his station while taking job contracts with different outlets. In simple words, a freelancer acts like a contract worker for himself. Today, many online platforms cater to freelancers. One such website is Freelancer.com. The following article will highlight solutions to recover your Freelancer account.
What is a Freelancer account?
Freelancer is a platform that acts as a bridge between independent freelancers and clients. Hence, it brings together prospective clients and job seekers. Freelancer is an Australian marketplace website that was launched in 2009. This decade-old platform has a great collection of freelancers and clients. And the platform has been on a rise with regular updates and improvements.
Although the UI might seem a bit overwhelming for new users, there is a lot of work available for those looking for a freelance gig. All the user has to do is set up a Freelancer account to start looking for potential job contracts. The Freelancer account is crucial as it helps the platform to track and take notice of the skills offered, and the conditions required for a suitable match.
Violations that can lead to account suspension
Although it is easy to create an account with Freelancer, one should heed the policy requirements and the terms and conditions, as any violation can lead to permanent suspension of the account. This suspension will be irrevocable and immediate, and users can’t expect their accounts to get reactivated. The terms and conditions and the following Code of Conduct are a conduit to a safe engagement and facilitate trust and professionalism within the online marketplace. Hence, the utter disregard for any of the conditions is harmful to your Freelancer account. These conditions are:
- Engaging in any fraudulent activity.
- Performing an illegal act or playing a part in one.
- Participant in any Harassment, Abuse, or cyberbullying.
- Engaging in extortion or blackmailing.
- Facilitating fake positive reviews.
- Soliciting additional payment.
- Deceiving others using the Freelancer account.
- Deceiving others on Freelancer.com
- Trying to profit from the referral programs, Give/Get scheme, or 0% fee promotions.
- Providing fake or false identity documentation or employing a fake identity.
- Propagating Scam links, malware, adware, or malicious site links.
- Manipulating the Feedback system.
- Engineering a fake positive reputation on the website.
- Influencing the Dispute Resolution process.
- Trading of Freelancer.com accounts.
- Partaking in any suspicious activities on the website.
- Being a party or posting any projects that do not adhere to the website’s terms and conditions.
- Engaging in money laundering, spamming, or hacking.
Recover a Freelancer account closed/deactivated by the user
The first part of the article will highlight the steps necessary to reactivate a Freelancer account that was initially closed or deactivated by the user himself. The process is straightforward and mostly automatic. The steps are as follows:
- First, visit the official Freelancer website at www.freelancer.com
- You will find the Login button at the top of the screen. Click it.
- Now, you have to enter your credentials as usual.
- Then click on Log In.
- On the next page, you will find information regarding your account deactivation.
- Here, you are required to enter your reactivation code. For that:
- Click the Send Reactivation code link.
- A code will get sent to your registered email.
- Then go to the same email account and find the reactivation code.
- Copy-paste the code in the box and click on Reactivate Account.
- Doing so will reactivate your account. Hence, future login won’t require this step.
Recover Password required during Reactivation
Sometimes the user would have already forgotten his or her password for the Freelancer account once he or she has deactivated it. In such cases, he should first recover the password. The following segment will demonstrate how to recover your original Freelancer account password.
- Start by visiting the Freelancer website and clicking on the Login button, as done previously.
- Now, click the Forgot Password link.
- The next page will ask for your registered email.
- Here, you should provide the original email address associated with Freelancer to get the password reset link. If you do not remember your email, there is no recourse other than talking to the Freelancer support team.
- After providing the email, click on Next. A notification will be shown stating that a password reset link has been shared with your email ID.
- Now, go to the registered email account and find the password reset link from Freelancer.
- Then, click the Change Password Now link and follow the instructions to create a new password.
- After that, click on Submit. Since you have a new password ready, you can now reactivate your account.
Recover a Freelancer account closed/deactivated by the administration
Finally, there are times when the administration decides to suspend, close, or deactivate an account. These suspensions are mostly temporary, and the accounts are reactivated automatically over time. But there are also cases when users need to contact customer support to have their accounts reinstated. There are even times when such bans are permanent, as discussed earlier. Now, those cases are irreversible.
However, if you are confident that you haven’t done anything wrong or even if you simply want to give it a try, there is a process that allows users to approach the Freelancer platform to get their accounts reactivated.
All you have to do is:
- Go to the Freelancer website.
- Scroll down, and at the bottom of the site, find the Help & Support link.
- Click it, and on the next page, enter Reactivate my account in the search box.
- Now, you will see an article regarding reactivation.
- Scroll down, and you will find a Reactivate My Account Form.
- The form will ask for the following:
- And additional details.
- Fill out the form and click on Submit.
The Freelancer team will reactivate your account, if yours is a legitimate case.