No matter which game Garena International published you want to play, you’ll need a Garena account before you start. As long as you have one, your data will be stored on the game’s servers, which allows you to enjoy those games on any device without worrying about data loss. But what if you lose your account or forget the sign-in password? Does that mean you can no longer log in and have to forget all about your in-game progress? Fortunately, that’s not the case. In this article, we will demonstrate how to recover your Garena account and avoid getting banned. Without delay, let’s dig in.
Recovering the Password for Your Garena Account
Many players on the platform enter their “Summoner” name instead of their username when they try to log into the game using a different device. As a result, they cannot sign in to their account. Therefore, before you even attempt to reset your password, please double-check that you were using your Garena account username, and not the Summoner name. Once you make sure that you’re using the proper credentials but are still unable to get into your user account, it’s time to reset your Garena account’s password. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Garena password recovery page.
- Now, type the email ID associated with your Garena account or type your username in the “Email/Username” section. If you prefer to recover the account via your registered phone number, select the “Phone number” box and enter the phone number associated with the gaming account you’re trying to recover.
- After that, complete a captcha verification and click on the “Next” button.
- Next, you will receive a verification code using the contact information they have on record, and you provided:
- If you chose your phone number in step 2, you will receive an SMS to your contact number containing the verification code.
- If you selected the registered email ID or username option instead, you will get the verification code via email. Remember, if you do not see the email in your inbox after a few minutes, check the “Spam” and “Junk” folders for your account.
- Once you acquire the verification code, type it on the “Garena password recovery page” and click the “Confirm” button.
- Now, in the next menu, set a new password of your choice and click on the “Confirm” button again.
And it’s done. Now, you can get into your Garena account on any device with your new password.
Recover Your Garena Account Though Customer Service
Used the method mentioned above, yet you still can’t sign in to your account? Don’t fret, it merely means you need to contact their Customer Support and ask them to aid you in the recovery of your Garena account. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the email client or web app for the address registered with your Garena account.
- Start writing an email addressed to [email protected], and make sure to mention you’re requesting a manual password reset or account recovery.
- Ensure you add “My Garena Account” in the subject line and submit the following information inside the email to speed up the process:
- Your Garena username, i.e., the name you use to log into your account.
- Your Summoner name, which is visible to your in-game friends.
- The original email ID, the one used to sign up for your account.
- A scanned copy of Garena’s shell purchase transaction (if available).
Once you submit the email containing the information above, the Garena Customer Care representative will contact you. They must verify ownership of the account you submitted the recovery email for. Once the validation process is complete, you can recover your Garena account with their help.
Extra Information about Account Recovery
The Garena account verification process might involve a large information exchange over email before it can be wrapped up successfully. This is to assure the representative the right person is reaching out. Here are some additional details regarding Garena account recovery you should be aware of:
- The verification process will take at least 3 to 7 days. During this time, the specialist will ask you multiple questions regarding your Garena account.
- If you have trouble with any question or don’t know the exact answer, it’s better to provide context or related information instead of skipping the question.
- In most cases, your Summoner name would change after the Garena account restoration is complete. However, after you recover your Garena account, you can request the person in charge to revert it to the previous one.
- If there were any unauthorized in-game purchases when your account was unavailable, file a report to Customer Service as soon as possible. You can get a refund and prevent any further monetary damages.
Why Did My Garena Account Get Banned?
Garena is continuously fighting hackers and employs a zero-tolerance policy against suspicious or malicious accounts to provide a better gaming experience for all players. If your Garena account shows activities that violate Garena’s Abuse Policy, your account will be instantly terminated and no appeal will be entertained. Here is a list of activities most Garena accounts get banned for:
- Using unauthorized game clients
- Applying external programs that will provide the player with an unfair edge compared to other players in the game
- Using unofficial tools that might interfere with your gaming account
- Applying bugs to exploit the game
- Exploiting the game’s anti-hack system
- Getting your account reported by multiple players for abnormal gameplay
Read the policy carefully to ensure your daily gameplay doesn’t violate the imposed rules. This way, you can avoid sudden account bans and enjoy the game long-term and safely.