With over 275 million users, Kik is one of the popular instant messaging apps that people use to communicate with their family, friends, and other contacts. And without a doubt, photo sharing is one of its most used features nowadays. However, to this day, directly recovering deleted Kik photos is nearly impossible. Even if you try to recover your deleted Kik images using iCloud or Google Drive, you may still fail. Does that mean you should forget about retrieving your deleted Kik pictures forever and live your days with regret? No, fortunately, that’s not the case. In this article, we will show you how to recover deleted Kik photos with ease, so you would never have to worry about deleting photos inadvertently. Let’s begin.
How to Recover Kik Photos on iPhone
Kik is a popular messaging and photo-sharing app on iOS and Android. However, this renowned messaging app doesn’t store your photos on its server. This can be problematic if you accidentally erase any of your favorite photos or important messages from it. But don’t worry. In this section, you will learn three ways to retrieve the deleted Kik pictures on your iPhone.
Note: To follow this method, you need to download a professional data recovery app that supports the iPhone. Take your pick; most well-known iPhone data recovery apps have a similar user interface. Therefore, you can easily use the majority of them for the methods below.
Get the Kik Pictures Back without Backup
If you didn’t set a backup for your Kik photos on your iPhone, this method will help you recover them. With that said, follow these steps to get them back:
- First, start the data recovery application of your choice on your PC.
- Tip. Make sure you connect your iPhone with your computer with a USB cable, so the app can show you relevant data of your phone.
- Click on “Recover from iOS Device” on the left panel.
- Click on “Scan” on the right panel. This will scan all the data available on your iPhone, including your Kik messenger data.
- Once the scan is complete, you will see multiple files on the right-hand side.
- Click on “Messages” on the left panel and then select the deleted Kik photos in the panel on the right.
- Now, click on “Recover” in the bottom-right corner.
Once you do this, you will get all the deleted Kik pictures back.
Get them Back with iTunes Backup
If you’re a cautious person and backed up the Kik messenger data to your computer using iTunes, you can use the following method to recover your removed image files:
- Start the data recovery app on your computer.
- Click on the “Recover from iTunes Backup” option on the left panel.
- After that, you will see multiple iTunes backup files on the right panel of your computer.
- Select the relevant backup file and click on “Scan.”
- Once the scan is complete, click on “App photos” to check all the Kik photos that you have backed up in iTunes, including the deleted ones.
- Next, select the relevant photos and click the “Recover” button.
Get the Kik Photos Back via iCloud Backup
If you usually back up your iPhone data to iCloud instead of iTunes, follow these instructions to restore your Kik photos:
- Start the iPhone data recovery computer app of your choosing.
- Click on the “Recover from iCloud Backup File” option on the left panel and sign in to your iCloud account.
- Next, select the relevant backup files that might contain your deleted Kik photos.
- Click on “Download” and then on “Scan” to obtain the backup files.
- Now, select the deleted photos you want to restore and click on the “Recover” button.
- This will restore the deleted photos to your computer.
How to Recover Kik Photos on an Android Smartphone
Although you can use the data recovery apps to get the deleted Kik photos back on your Android mobile, the process is a little more complex than getting them back on an iOS device. But again, the user interface is still pretty similar for the large portion of top data recovery apps for Android phones. Follow these steps below to get your Kik photos back on your Android phone:
- Open the Android data recovery software on your computer.
- Connect the software to your Android smartphone.
- Note. If you can’t see your smart device in the app, double-check that you connected your phone using a USB cable.
- Click on the “Android Data Recovery” option in the left sidebar.
- On the right panel, select the “Gallery” or the “Picture Library” option and click on “Next.”
- You can check the recovered photos on the right side, including the previously deleted ones.
- Select the photos you want to recover and click on the “Recover” option.
As you can see, this method lets you retrieve the Kik photos you erased from your Android device.