Quickbooks is a great platform for anyone to manage their accounting tasks. Once you lose access to Quickbooks, your business will be in trouble. All the important accounting information stored on the platform will be inaccessible until you regain access. That’s why it is very important getting back to the Quickbooks account as soon as possible. No worries, we will provide you some of the best possible methods you could follow to recover your Quickbooks account with minimal effort.
1. Forgot Quickbooks ID or Password?
If you just forgot your Quickbooks ID or the password, and have access to your phone or email address connected with your account, recovering the Quickbooks account is pretty easy.
- Visit the Quickbooks Login Page.
- Scroll down and choose I forgot my user ID or Password option at the bottom.
- In the next screen, enter any of the phone number, email, or user ID in the given section.
- Click on Continue.
- It will tell you We sent an email with your user ID. The email might take a few minutes to arrive. If you didn’t receive the email, you can try again.
- Check your email address and reset your password using the given link.
You may also choose the Try something else option if you want to try recovering the account answering some questions related to your Quickbooks account. It is also a great way to easily restore Quickbooks.
2. Recover Quickbooks Account if you do not have access to your Phone or Email
There can be situations where you do not have access to your email address or phone number connected with your Quickbooks account. You just have to send an email to their account department. They will verify the details you provided and try to help you. If you are the genuine owner of the account, you can still get it back following the steps given below.
- Take a photo of your driver’s license, passport, or other government-issued ID cards. If you do not have any of these, some other verified documents with your Name and Address will also work.
- Go to the account recovery section on Quickbooks and scroll down to the bottom.
- Fill the form given there at the bottom with all the asked information.
- In the next step, review the entered information to ensure that everything is correct.
- In the last step, upload your documents and submit the form.
Be sure to read all the instructions given in the form submission section such as the quality of the photo and accepted documents.
You will receive an email from the Quickbooks team to your email address within a business day. Follow the instructions given there and provide any additional details if asked. Once they successfully verify that you are the owner of the account in question, they will send you a link to reset the account password.
After recovering your Quickbooks account
So, we hope that everything went well and you were able to recover your valuable account. After you get it back, there are few things you should be doing.
- Always make sure that you keep your account ID, Password, and other important information in a safe place which you can access in case you forget them.
- Use an email address and phone number which you always have access to. Instead of going for a temporary email address or a phone number that you don’t use much often, it is better to use something you use very often.
- Provide necessary account recovery details as well including security questions. So, even if you fail to verify your identity, you can get access to the account using those details.
It is very important to protect your Quickbooks account especially if you are storing important business information there. You may not always be able to recover the account like you just did. So, be cautious.