Locked out of your Keepsafe account and can’t access your images? No problem, as long as you have some of the information tied to it, you shouldn’t have a lot of trouble getting back in. The app is a double-edged sword, however, It’s equally powerful in stopping everyone else from seeing your private photos, and you, without necessary credentials, even if you are the rightful owner. For that reason, it’s recommended you dig up your notebook, Notepad, or check the browser extension for saving account credentials. After you gathered as much as you could, here’s how to recover Keepsafe account.
What to do if you forget Keepsafe e-mail address
Here are two ways to proceed if you can’t recall a Keepsafe account e-mail:
Browse through e-mail accounts one by one
If you can’t find details in the ways we suggested above, browse through the inboxes of e-mails addresses you think could’ve been used. Since verifying an e-mail address is a mandatory part of signing up for Keepsafe, one of them will have a welcome message, or the message containing the PIN you signed up with. Don’t forget to check folders such as Junk/Spam, Promotions, and even Trash. After you find the right account email, since Keepsafe doesn’t use a password, you can simply change the PIN using the method below.
Contact Keepsafe Customer Service team
If you are sure an e-mail address was used, but you can’t find the actual e-mail to confirm it, contact the Keepsafe Customer Support team like this:
- Compose a new message on that e-mail account.
- In the title/subject line, enter: Is this email registered with Keepsafe?
- For the recipient, type: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send the e-mail and wait for a response.
Tip: Send the e-mail from a device and network you accessed Keepsafe from in the past. In rare cases, by analyzing your IP address, besides telling you the e-mail doesn’t match, the team might tell you a part of an e-mail address that does. Afterward, you should be able to put the pieces together.
I can’t access the e-mail address tied to the Keepsafe account
Need steps to recover the Keepsafe account without access to the e-mail address? We have bad news. If you no longer have access to the verified e-mail address, there’s no way to sign back in. Keepsafe refuses to help you since they can’t verify your identity. The silver lining is that while you can’t access your photos, neither can anyone else.
Instructions to recover Keepsafe account via the alternate e-mail address
This is the only solution to the problem above. If you ever added at least one alternate e-mail address, verified it, and still have access to it, you can relax. Follow these steps to use a secondary Keepsafe e-mail address to log back in:
- Open Keepsafe Photo Vault on iOS or Android.
- At the login screen, enter the alternate e-mail address.
- You need to enter a 4-letter code sent to that e-mail.
- After you do, the app asks you to enter the PIN.
- If you remember it, you will be logged in to Keepsafe.
- If you don’t, simply follow the steps outlined in the next method.
Strongly recommended. Add a backup Keepsafe e-mail address
To have a safeguard if this happens in the future, we suggest you follow these steps to set up an additional e-mail address for Keepsafe:
- Tap the three dots icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Account from the drop-down list.
- Tap on the Add an Email button.
- Enter the e-mail address and confirm.
- Click or tap on the Verify button in the e-mail from Keepsafe.
- If it doesn’t show up as verified right away, reopen the app.
- You can now see the images you’ve hidden.
How to log in if you can’t remember KeepSafe PIN
This is not a huge issue, as long as you have access to a verified e-mail address. Here’s how to reset your Keepsafe PIN:
- Open Keepsafe Photo Vault.
- On the login screen, after you enter your e-mail address, Keepsafe asks for the PIN.
- Tap on Forgot PIN in the top right corner.
- For security reasons, Keepsafe won’t send the e-mail right away. They typically wait for 15 minutes.
- On the PIN Reminder screen, enter the access code you received in the Inbox, and tap on Submit.
If it didn’t arrive, tap on Resend Code, and wait 15 minutes again.
- You can now access the images you protected.