Want to regain access to your Quora account? We can certainly help. Or, at least, provide you with as many options as possible, and it’ll be up to you afterward. Obviously, the more you remember about the account, the better. Even if you don’t explicitly remember your e-mail address, providing a username and a timeline that can be matched in their database might get you your account back. Long story short – it is worth putting in an effort rather than moving on and creating a new one, especially if you have a lot of answers and a good reputation. With that out of the way, let’s get into how to recover Quora account.
Steps to reset Quora account password
This is the most common issue users face. Here’s how to change the password to your Quora account:
- Visit quora.com and you’ll be prompted to sign in.
- Click on Forgot Password?
- Solve the reCAPTCHA challenge.
- Wait for an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org, and click on the link inside.
- After a redirect, enter a new password twice.
- Click on the Reset Password button.
- You can now log back in.
I can’t remember the Quora account e-mail address
We wanted to get this one out right away. While it is possible, it might not be easy. Unlike other social media platforms, Quora offers no way to use your mobile phone number or username as an alternative or a failsafe. For that reason, you have two options:
- Check the e-mails you suspect could’ve been used to register an account. Browse the Inbox for e-mails from Quora. Once you find the right e-mail address, reset the password by following the instructions above.
- Get in touch with the Quora Help team by following the instructions at the end of the article.
How do I recover a deactivated Quora account?
If you deactivated a Quora account, you won’t receive e-mail or push notifications, but your questions and answers stay on the platform. Your account details and data are also kept, and you only have to log back in to reactivate your account.
Can I restore a deleted Quora account?
It depends on the time that has passed. If you press or tap the Delete Account option, Quora will give you a grace period of 14 days to change your decision. After that, your data is permanently deleted.
What to do if you used Google or Facebook to log into Quora
In that case, Quora is unable to help. The accounts are linked but they have no access to the data. You can follow our guides on how to recover Gmail account password without a phone number and how to recover a Facebook account. When you successfully log back in, you have simultaneously retrieved your Quora account.
Use Quora Help Center
This is the last resort when you are out of options. That includes your Quora account being hacked or you remembering insufficient or none of the information. Make sure to send the request from a device and network you used to log into Quora in the past. Here’s how to get in touch with Quora’s Customer Support:
- Visit Quora’s Submit a Request page.
- Select I need help with my account.
- Enter your email address in the first text field. If you don’t remember or lost access to it, enter an address you can check regularly.
- As Subject, put ‘Account recovery’ or something similar.
- In the Description field, mention your circumstances and list credentials you can remember. Keep it concise, you can always elaborate further after you get a reply.
- As Full Name, enter the name you used when you registered the account.
If you used a fake name or one slightly different from your real one, this can stop you in your tracks, but try nonetheless.
- Optional. If you remember your Quora profile URL, add it in the text field below.
- Optional. Attach files such as screenshots if it helps your case.
- Solve the reCAPTCHA challenge and click on Submit.
- Wait for a response. If the Quora representative matches some of the information you provided, including your IP address, they will request a picture of your government-issued ID. Don’t worry – you’ll be asked to blur out your personal information. Only your picture and full name need to be visible.
- Depending on how things go, you’ll either get your Quora account back or be forced to start anew.