SHAREit was all the rage when it became available on the Google Play Store. It turned out to be many people’s favorite and has garnered a user base of over 2 billion. Even today, it is one of the most used Android apps on the Play Store. With it, you can transfer files between Android and iOS devices and even from Android to Windows. It’s one of many third-party apps that became more popular on mobile platforms. However, its use requires an account whose loss would force you to learn to recover SHAREit files. Let’s show you how.
Short background on SHAREit
SHAREit is a file-sharing program and management app that enables you to transfer data such as movies, videos, music, wallpapers, and GIFs between phones on different platforms. There is no requirement for a Wi-Fi connection or a mobile data plan. This app is also a messaging service that allows you to send text, photos, videos, and audio clips to your friends, family, and acquaintances. Though it brings you many solutions, SHAREit can have many problems, especially when it comes to losing data. This can happen to any user. Thankfully, you have us.
Reasons you may have lost your SHAREit files
Here’s why your files from SHAREit might be missing:
- You or someone else accidentally deleted them
- You had saved all your data on an SD card and wiped everything
- Someone performed a factory reset on the device
- A virus or malware attack infected your phone
It doesn’t matter how your SHAREit app data gets erased or misplaced. You can recover it with suitable data recovery software. It’s recommended to use an external app to recover SHAREit files, however. The app itself is well-protected and doesn’t come with built-in backup functionality.
Recover SHAREit files on Android
There are plenty of data recovery applications for Android devices. Although we aren’t affiliated, we’ll demonstrate the recovery process with “Dr. Fone Android Recovery Software”. For best results, you need a PC. With that done, begin following the steps below.
- Install and launch Dr. Fone Android Recovery tool on your PC.
- Connect your Android device to your Computer via USB cable. For this to work, you may need to turn on USB debugging.
- Once you do, your screen will prompt you with a successful connection message.
- Now, select the files types you want recovered (by default, the tool checks all the file types in your phone).
- Proceed further by pressing the Next button.
- If your device is not rooted, you’ll be given two options here: scan for deleted files or scan for all files. Choose a fitting option depending on your situation and time you have.
- Proceed using the Next button.
- Now, the software will scan your device thoroughly.
- Preview all the files scanned by the software and select the ones you want to recover residing in the SHAREit folder.
- Press the “Recover” button. Choose the destination folder and save all the recovered files there.
Using an Apple device? Recovering files from SHAREit works like this
The process and tool for recovery are nearly identical on Apple devices. However, you need to make sure to disable automatic iTunes sync before connecting your iOS device to the computer. Here’s how:
- Go to: Launch iTunes > Preferences > Devices. Now, put a checkmark in front of “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically.”
- Perform a scan as explained above on your iPod, iPad, or iPhone. Choose the directory to save all the selected ones. Press Next then the Recover button to recover files from SHAREit accordingly.