Ran into problems when logging in to your TikTok account? That’s more common than you think. Oftentimes, TikTok’s app suffers from overloading or has a conflict with its own code or your device or operating system. In that case, it’s unnecessary to change account credentials, and a successful sign-in procedure will do. In fact, that’s something we’ll cover right off the bat. But if your account was compromised, deleted, or you can’t remember the sign-in details, more severe action will be required. We’ll demonstrate all of this as we show you how to recover TikTok account.
1. Restore TikTok account if you know login details
If this is your case but you still cannot get to the home page, TikTok dedicated a first troubleshooting steps page to you. Go through the instructions one by one, and see if you can sign in. If not, move on to the method below.
2. Recover TikTok account if you forgot sign-in credentials
Recovering TikTok account if you can’t recall your credentials works like this:
- Open the TikTok app and go to the login page.
- Instead of adding an account, tap on Can’t log in?
- You now have 2 tabs to choose from:
- Phone. Type your phone number without country code and tap on Next. Pass the verification.
- Email / Username. Enter your e-mail address or username and tap on Next. Complete the human verification.
- Depending on the outcome, one of these 2 things will happen:
- Device and/or network are recognized. You’ll be offered a Forgot password? option. Enter a new password and log back in.
- TikTok didn’t recognize your network and/or device. It will offer these ways to authenticate your identity:
- Phone number. Enter your phone number, then a 4-digit verification code you’ll receive via SMS, and you can change your password.
- Google. Sign in to the Google account that was linked to your TikTok account, if applicable.
- Submit verification form. Enter username, phone number, and location (city) you usually log in to TikTok from. Also type your device model, date and method (optional) of signing up for the account, additional information, and/or screenshots. Tap on Submit and wait for a response.
3. Recovering a disabled TikTok account
Do this to recover a deactivated TikTok account depending on the reason:
- I was suspected because of a “…too fast” error message. It means their algorithm flagged your activity. If this is your first time getting a “tapping/commenting/following too fast” error message, they will disable the account login for 24 hours. So, either wait it out or use method 4.
- I deactivated it. You can restore a manually deactivated TikTok account for up to 30 days. Simply log in once again, and tap on the Reactivate button.
- TikTok deactivated it. You must’ve broken one or more of their Community Guidelines. Sign in, and tap on the Appeal button in the ban notification. Alternatively, use the method below.
4. Contact TikTok Customer Support
There are 3 ways of contacting TikTok Customer Service:
1. From the web
Notify TikTok of the problem by visiting their Share your feedback page and then:
- Enter your e-mail address and username.
- Under Topic, select General account inquiry or Account ban/suspension.
- If you selected the first option, select Recover account under Tell us more. If you chose the second, select between age-related and non-age-related ban.
- Describe your situation under How can we help?
- Optional. Attach up to 10 screenshots that help your case by clicking on Upload.
- Click on the Submit button and wait for a response.
2. From another TikTok account
Got a secondary TikTok account or can borrow someone else’s? If so, submit feedback to TikTok like this:
- Log in, then tap on the 3-dot menu in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and tap on Report a problem.
- Select Account and profile.
- Tap on Logging in/Lost or stolen passwords/Suspended accounts.
- We already demonstrated every solution TikTok presents. So, tap on No under Is your problem resolved?
- Tap on Still have a problem to confirm your decision.
- Fill in the feedback form as we demonstrated above, then tap on Report.
3. By e-mail (Last resort)
No one answered your questions or representatives can’t/don’t want to help? Send TikTok Creator Marketplace an e-mail based on your country: