WeChat is a fast-growing multi-purpose social media, messaging, and mobile payment app, developed by the Chinese company Tencent. It has such a wide range of functions that the Chinese call it the “Super App” or “App for Everything”. It has reached around 1 billion monthly active users in just 7 years since its launch. WeChat provides services like text messaging, broadcast messaging, voice messaging, video conferencing, video games, photo and video sharing, and even location sharing. WeChat is used for both personal and business requirements and thus holds a load of valuable data. Losing WeChat data can even cost a fortune to some users.
But, if you have lost your data in WeChat due to some reasons, do not worry. We have a set of options for you that help you to retrieve your data. Most probably, you will lose all your WeChat data if your account gets deleted, or if you get blocked. This block maybe either temporary or permanent. WeChat may block you for several reasons. Some of the reasons are listed below –
Why did your WeChat Account get Blocked
- Using unofficial channels to download WeChat
- Using unofficial plug-ins on your mobile phone or using WeChat on an emulator.
- Sending or sharing abusive content, violent content, scams, and rumors through WeChat.
- Using virtual mobile numbers to create a WeChat account instead of an official number. This may include Skype, Google Voice, or Nexmo accounts.
- Breaking the WeChat’s Terms of Service.
Now that you’ve known the reasons of why your account may get blocked, you need to be more careful in the future. As mentioned before, this block maybe temporary or permanent. Here are four ways in which you can recover your WeChat account.
Method 1: Re-installing WeChat from the Official Site
Uninstalling your WeChat account and again installing it will help you recover your account. Carry out the following simple steps and you will be able to recover your deleted or blocked WeChat account.
- Close your WeChat mobile application and remove it from the recently opened applications.
- Go to Mobile Settings.
- Open General Settings.
- From the General Settings, open your App manager (Or Apps).
- A list of all your installed apps appears here. Find and select WeChat.
- Select Delete App Data (Both cache and app data).
- After you have cleared all of the WeChat data from your phone, Uninstall WeChat.
- Now make sure that no folders, pictures, or any other app data remain in your File Manager.
- Restart your mobile phone.
- After it boots up, go to the Play Store and search for WeChat.
- Install it again.
- After it gets installed, open the application and log in with your mobile number.
- You have now regained access to your WeChat account as it is unblocked now!
Method 2: Using In-App Recovery
If you don’t want to uninstall and again re-install WeChat on your mobile phone, this method is just for you! All you have to do is to follow some steps within your WeChat mobile app. Your account will get unblocked in no time!
- Open the WeChat application on your mobile phone.
- When it asks for log in credentials, click on Forgot Password.
- It takes you to another page. In this page, open Security Center.
- At the security center, click on Unblock Account or Features option.
- This will get your account unblocked.
Method 3: Using the Web to Recover your Blocked WeChat Account
If any of the above methods does not get your WeChat account unblocked, do not worry. This method is a verified procedure and it will definitely bring back your WeChat account. In this method, we are going to use your web browser.
- Go to the official WeChat Homepage on your web browser.
- Go to the Application Support Page.
- This will open up a form where you need to fill in your account details. It is recommended to choose your phone number as your ID type.
- After choosing your country code and phone number, you will receive a verification code through SMS.
- Fill in the captcha details and the verification code you just received and hit Submit.
- It will take some time and after that, your account is completely recovered.
Method 4: Contacting WeChat Support
Trying out all the methods listed above will get your account unblocked. However, in certain cases, any of the above methods may not work for you. Under such cases, you can contact the WeChat Support team. They will assist you in the next steps of recovering your account. Here is how you can contact the Support team.
- Go to the official WeChat Homepage (Through your web browser).
- Go to WeChat Support Center.
- Fill in the required details. Choose the operating system of your mobile under Platform.
- Also, select your country under Region and choose Account Security under Categories.
- After selecting the category, select Account Blocked in the select box next to it.
- In the description box below, enter important information such as the your username, mobile number and email ID. Explain your probem in detail there. Also request WeChat to unblock your account.
- Now submit the form.
WeChat Support team will take some to respond to your request. Once they respond, follow the instructions and you can retrieve your WeChat account.