WinRAR is a shareware file archiver and data compression utility that’s been in personal and professional use for many years now. It can create archives in RAR or ZIP file formats and unpack numerous archive file formats. Additionally, WinRAR is available in over 50 languages. However, although password-protecting a file is easy, remembering one can be difficult, which also applies to WinRAR. If you forgot the password for your WinRAR archive, don’t worry. You can regain access in several ways; depending on the quantity and complexity of the characters, you can try the following methods.
1. Recover Password for WinRAR via LostMyPass.com
You can try a trusted and well-reviewed password breaker tool such as LostMyPass.com. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Launch your web browser, visit the LostMyPass.com WinRAR page, and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Drag and drop the zipped file onto the upload icon or press the upload button. You may have to solve the captcha challenge beforehand.
- You will be taken to a new window where you can choose the file. Upload the file to let the online tool find your password.
- You’ll be shown the password when the recovery procedure is finished.
2. Using Password-Online.com for WinRAR Password Recovery
The WinRAR password can be recovered with a popular online tool for restoring forgotten ones. Any other encrypted file password except for WinRAR Archive may be detected with this program. Uploading a file up to 500 MB is allowed, and the software will guarantee that a RAR password is recovered as quickly as feasible. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit Password Online in your browser on desktop, laptop, or mobile.
- To accept the “Service and Confidential Agreement”, make sure the checkbox is checked.
- Select the Upload your encrypted file button.
- After that, you must fill in a new screen with a valid email address. Enter your email address again to confirm it.
- Select Send after pressing the Send button.
- You will be asked to pay for password recovery. (If your file is sensitive, you wouldn’t mind paying a little money). After activation through email, the decryption process will start.
- Wait until the Password Recovery Online tool recovers your RAR password. After it finishes, you can see what to enter before opening or extracting the archive.
3. Employ Third-party Software for Cracking Archive Passwords
Dedicated software is ideal if you want to recover a WinRAR password quickly and effectively. There are a lot of programs available, but we will use one named PassFab in this example, though we have no ties. Here’s how the procedure looks:
- Get the PassFab for ZIP tool.
- Launch the .exe file and choose your language.
- Select the “I accept the agreement” option to confirm you acknowledge the software’s terms and conditions. Proceed with the Next button and continue to install the tool.
- Select a location on your computer’s hard drive for the installation file for PassFab.
- After opening, in the application’s interface, click on “Add” to upload the file to scan and remove the WinRAR password, then Start to continue.