Figured it’s time to start using a Yahoo account you made in the past again? Whether you need it for a one-off purpose such as receiving a verification code for another service, or you need a full-time alternative, we’re here for you. However, we can’t avoid mentioning the possibility of creating a new Google account or learning how to recover a deleted Gmail account. It’s up to you, ultimately. Obviously. the more you remember about the account, especially phone number and alternate e-mail address, the better the chances. Here’s how to recover an old Yahoo account.
A step-by-step guide to recover old Yahoo account
1. Verify that your Yahoo account wasn’t deleted
Don’t waste time and effort troubleshooting. First, verify that it wasn’t erased whether by you or by Yahoo.
- Open the Yahoo Forgot page in your browser.
- Enter your old Yahoo e-mail address and click Continue.
- Did you get a message “Sorry, we don’t recognize that email address or phone number“? If so, either you or Yahoo deleted the account. Depending on your country, you have between 30 and 180 days before the account gets permanently erased from Yahoo servers. Follow the steps in Method 3 to proceed.
2. Use credentials you can recall to try to sign in
- Open the Yahoo Login page in your browser.
- As you can see, you can use your Yahoo e-mail address, username, or mobile phone number.
- Enter any of those, and click Next.
There are two ways from there:
- You will be asked for the password immediately, after which you can log in to your account as usual.
- Most likely. If Yahoo doesn’t recognize your IP address or device, you are asked to verify your identity.
- You will be asked Do you have this phone? with certain numbers uncovered. If you do, click on Yes, send me a code.
- If you don’t, click on Try another way to sign in and enter your secondary e-mail address.
- In both cases, you need to enter the code into the text field on the website. If successful, you can choose a new password on the spot or click I’ll secure my account later.
- You might get a new screen that says Don’t get locked out! with a way to add new or change current recovery options. Click on Remind me later if you don’t want to do it now.
- You are now logged in and your Yahoo account is safe.
3. Instructions to recover Yahoo account without a secondary e-mail address and phone number
If it’s been a while, it’s no wonder you can’t remember them, even if one of them is active. Don’t fret, even though you can’t reset a password immediately, there’s still a chance to access the account.
- Head on over to the Yahoo Help page.
- Click on the Contact Us button in the left bottom corner.
- From the drop-down list, select Account, and in the empty field, enter your Yahoo e-mail address.
- Click on the empty checkbox net to I’m not a robot, then solve the reCAPTCHA challenge.
- Click on Get started.
- You might be able to answer a Secret question if you configured it. However, the practice became obsolete as it was too easy to trick.
- Follow the steps to choose Support Option, Top, Subtopic, and finally, a Help Method.
- From this point on, there are two solutions:
- They will direct you to a F.A.Q page or their Sign-In Helper (Method 2).
- The page will lead you to their paid technical support service, Assist by Yahoo! which usually costs $4.99 per month. You can talk to a real person on the phone, and the live agent will walk you through a solution regarding your account.