Deleted a contact on Yahoo Mail with whom you had a great conversation? Whether accidental or intentional, the process can be reversed. Typically, that limit is 30 days from the erasure date. You can also try restoring an entire list of contacts, then manually narrow down the search to the one you seek. Another option is getting contacts back from a backup. If both fail, there’s nothing Yahoo can do. We’re saying that because there’s a number of companies impersonating Yahoo Customer Service or Assist by Yahoo! Even though they claim 100% recovery, don’t fall for that, no matter how desperate. Now, let’s show you how to recover Yahoo contacts.
1. Steps required to recover Yahoo contacts that were deleted recently
Follow these steps to recover recently deleted Yahoo contacts:
- Open Yahoo Mail and sign in with your account.
- If you’re struggling, we also have a Yahoo account recovery guide.
- In the left column, click on the Contacts icon.
- If contacts were removed within the last 30 days, they will be listed under the Deleted Contacts option.
- You now have 2 choices:
- Select the Yahoo contact you want to get back and click Restore.
- Scroll down to the Restore your entire contact list section and click on Restore Contacts.
- Click on Done.
2. Return Yahoo to an earlier state to restore contacts
Yahoo keeps regular cloud backups of everything you do – contacts you interact with included. The catch is that after you restore Yahoo Mail to how it looked on a date of your choice, any changes you made after that will be lost permanently. For that reason, you shouldn’t be reckless. Our recommendation? Make manual contact backups before you proceed. Here’s how to revert Yahoo Mail contacts to an earlier date:
- Sign in to Yahoo Mail and click on the Contacts icon again.
- Go to Deleted Contacts again.
- If there are no contacts, click on the Restore from backup… link.
- If there are some, click on Actions at the top.
- Select Restore from backup… from the drop-down list.
- Select a date and time from the drop-down list under Restore address book to how it was at this time:
- Click on Restore.
- If successful, you’ll see a Contacts restored to [date and time] message.
3. How to recover Yahoo address book from a backup
Yahoo allows you to export and import its own contacts and create a manual backup, which we mentioned above. And that’s not all. You can also import contact lists from Facebook, Google, and Outlook.com. In fact, pretty much any e-mail account backup that’s saved as a CSV or VCF file can be imported. Here’s how to import or export contacts to Yahoo:
- Follow steps 1, 2, and 4 above.
- Select Import… or Export... from the drop-down list.
- Locate the VCF or CSV file or select a location to save the address book to.
4. Reach Out Yahoo’s Support
If you have tried every method to recover your Yahoo contact and still have not achieved success, Yahoo’s customer support is your last resort. They are so good at fixing your issues in a very short time. Yahoo provides customer service in various ways, like live chat, email support, and even phone assistance.
Follow the steps given below to reach out to Yahoo’s customer support:
- Go to Yahoo’s official website (www.yahoo.com).
- Then tap on the three dots at the top right.
- You see three options, after tapping, select “More”.
- A page opens with the name “Product and Services”.
- Now, you may see various categories sorted alphabetically.
- Select the “Technical Support” option.
By following these steps, you will reach your destination. But remember, there is a limitation to this method; Yahoo offers paid customer service, if you don’t want to bear any expense in this process, this method is not for you.
Note: If you applied this method, make sure to give customer support every detail of what issues you are facing in recovering your Yahoo contacts. The presentation of your problem in front of customer support decides; how fruitful results you get in return.