Even though YouTube doesn’t want you to have an account to let you enjoy millions of hours of videos hosted on the platform, it can let you enjoy your personal recommendations and subscriptions. Losing your YouTube account means you no longer have access to your personalized experience on YouTube. If you are a YouTube Premium subscriber, that also means you cannot enjoy that ad-less experience anymore. So, it is pretty important to get back your YouTube account.
As YouTube doesn’t actually have a separate account and utilizes the Google account just like any other Google service, most of the steps would involve recovering your Gmail. However, few methods can be different, which is why we crafted this article. Let’s have a look at the methods to recover the YouTube account.
Forgot YouTube Username?
If you haven’t used your YouTube account for a while, you might end up forgetting the username/email address you have been using. In that case, follow these steps to recover your YouTube username.
- Go to your YouTube dashboard.
- Click the Sign in button at the top-right corner of the screen. It will open the Google account sign in form.
- Click on the Forgot email? link (it is your username.)
- It will ask you for a recovery email or phone number. Provide that.
- In further steps, it will ask you for some information such as your First Name, Last Name, etc. If you correctly provide all the information, Google will either display the username of the account, or mail you the same.
This is the same step as recovering a YouTube account without email. As your email is the username of your Google account, the steps are the same.
Recover YouTube Password
All you have to do is resetting the password of your Google account. All Google services utilize the same account. So, if you forgot your YouTube password, that means you forgot the Google account password as well. This is how you can reset it.
- Visit the Google Account Recovery Page.
- Enter your email address.
- Click on the Forgot your password option when you are asked to enter a password.
- If you connected a recover email or phone number with your Google account, simply entering them will allow you to reset the password.
- If not, it will ask you a number of questions related to your account. If you provide that information correctly, you might be able to recover the password.
If you fail to do so, it is going to be difficult to get back your account. You may use the Google Mail Help section for further information.
Recover Banned YouTube Account
YouTube might terminate your account for a number of reasons. One of the most common reasons is violating their community guidelines. They will also terminate accounts that spam the platform. So, for some reason, if your YouTube account is banned, you may try one of the following methods to try to recover your account.
Try waiting for a while
In some cases, YouTube might temporarily ban accounts for violations. If the action is not permanent, the ban will be lifted within a few days or weeks. So, it is recommended to wait for a little while before making an appeal.
If you strongly believe that the account was terminated mistakenly, you might be able to get it back by submitting an appeal using this form. Be sure to explain the issue in a precise, short manner so that they can quickly go through it. If YouTube finds that the action was a mistake, they will remove the block on your YouTube account.