Zomato is a restaurant aggregator and food delivery service founded by Indian entrepreneurs namely Deepinder Goyal and Pankaj Chaddah in 2008. It is one of the most popular India-made multinational food delivery services with thousands of customers each and every day. The company’s orders rocketed up at great speed right from 2020, thanks to the pandemic. As of 2019, Zomato is offering services to around 24 countries and more than 10,000 cities! With its increasing popularity and diverse spread, almost everyone has experienced Zomato’s service at least once.
However, every technical service comes with a problem at some point in time. Similarly, there are a few glitches associated with Zomato. Like, you may have lost access to your account. This may be due to several reasons – you may have forgotten your password or even deleted your account. If you are searching for a solution for a similar problem, then this is the right place for you! Keep reading to get the solution that you are looking for.
Case 1 – You Changed Your Zomato Mobile Number
Zomato requires you to log in with your mobile number, email address, or Google account. Once you enter your mobile number, it sends you an OTP and lets you log in to your account. So, if you have changed your mobile number and you want to log in to your account, then you can just log in with your new mobile number. Or if you have entered your email address or Google account with Zomato, you can log in with those details and you can access your Zomato account now. You can follow the below steps to update your phone number in Zomato –
With Your Web Browser
- Go to the official home page of Zomato (In your web browser).
- Log in to your account with your email address or your Google Account.
- You will see your name on the top right corner. Click on it.
- Select Profile from the dropdown list.
- Click on the Edit Profile button located on your left.
- All your profile details are displayed here. In there, you will find your old mobile number.
- Erase it and enter your new mobile number.
- Click to Save Changes.
- You will get a notification that your profile is updated.
- That’s it. You have now changed your phone number.
With your Mobile Application
- Open the Zomato Application.
- Click on the hamburger menu in the top left corner (Three parallel lines).
- You will see your name there. Click on it.
- This will take you to a new page. Click on the pencil icon on the top right corner.
- Repeat the steps 6-10 from the previous procedure.
After following all the above steps, your mobile number registered with Zomato is successfully changed and you can now log in with your new mobile number.
Case 2 – Your Zomato Account is Hacked
In 2017, the great food delivery platform faced a data breach leading to the loss of around 17 million consumer’s data. Zomato found it really hard to overcome it. Customer data were even sold on the dark web. After that, though there aren’t any large data breaches, there is a high possibility that your account may be hacked. Hackers may get into your account, steal all your information and you may not have further access to your account. Under such conditions, you need to follow the steps mentioned below to ensure that no more data is lost.
- Immediately check whether you have access to your mobile number, email or any other attached accounts. If not, inform the respective service providers immediately.
- Check if there are any unnamed payments or deliveries made through Zomato.
- Verify whether there are any changes to your mobile number, email address, payment methods or delivery addresses in your Zomato account.
- De-authorize all your social media accounts from Zomato. In other words, unlink all your social media accounts that you have linked with Zomato.
- Let your friends and other contacts know that you are hacked and ask them to double verify if its you before sending any messages.
Case 3 – Zomato Account Disabled or Some Technical Issue
There are a lot of cases in which people may not be able to log in to their accounts. This may be due to technical errors either on the customer’s side or Zomato’s side. There may be a bug in the application which may get your account disabled. You may have even disabled your account unknowingly. In such cases, you cannot get your account back on your own. You have to contact the Zomato Support Team. Here is how you do it.
Contacting the Zomato Support Team
- Go to Zomato’s contact page.
- This will take you to Zomato’s support form. You need to fill in this form.
- On the first drop down box, choose the type of your problem. In this case, you are not able to access your account and hence you should choose “The website/app is not working the way they should“.
- Enter your full name, email address, and mobile number (if you want) in the corresponding text boxes given below.
- Describe your problem in detail in the text box given here.
- Hit on Submit Feedback.
You can follow these instructions to submit a problem to Zomato. A member of the support team will contact you shortly and will help you regain access to your account. If this does not work for you, you can also use the chat option in your Zomato’s mobile application to contact the support team.
Zomato does not have an official support contact number and beware of any such information. You can contact Zomato through the in-app chat feature and the contact form given above only.