Lenovo is one of the most renowned Android smartphone brands, famous for its unique design, UI style, and unparalleled features. No matter if you’re talking about its display, battery, or processor, this brand never fails to surprise you pleasantly. But just like any other technology device, some Lenovo phones are also bound to face multiple problems. Unfortunately, some of those issues can only be solved after a reset, allowing you to restore the Lenovo phone to factory settings.
But how can you proceed with the factory reset? What if you have important data in your phone that you want to prevent from being deleted? In this article, we will discuss how to factory reset your Lenovo phone and restore its lost data afterward.
Use Factory Reset Before you Restore Your Lenovo Phone
This technique applies to times you must fix your phone or, for some other reason, need a fresh Lenovo phone. But deleting every bit of data in your phone individually is quite time-consuming. Not to mention, reverting the phone settings to factory settings is also a tough nut to crack. Therefore, in this section, we will show you the steps to restore your Lenovo phone to factory settings.
If Your Lenovo Phone Works
If your Lenovo phone is in working condition, conducting a factory reset on it will be a piece of cake. To do it, follow the steps below:
- Find and tap on the “Settings” app on your Lenovo phone.
- After that, go to “Backup & reset.”
- Next, tap on the “Factory data reset” option.
- Once it’s done, tap on the “RESET PHONE” option.
- Now, select the “ERASE EVERYTHING” option and your phone will start the factory reset process while wiping out all your data.
When Your Lenovo Phone isn’t Working
While the first method is quite easy to use, you can’t reset your Lenovo smartphone if you cannot even gain access to your operating system, let alone the home screen. Whether you’re unable to unlock your phone or it just isn’t powering on, you can use this hard reset method to solve your problem.
Start the Factory Reset
First, you must learn the three ways to initiate the hard reset. You can choose either one of them to start resetting your phone:
- Press the “Volume up + Power” buttons together.
- Press the “Volume down + Power” buttons.
- You can also enter hard reset mode by pressing the “Volume up + Volume down + Power” buttons together.
After you use one of the options above to perform a hard reset and enter the mode afterward, proceed in this fashion:
- Tap on the “English” button to choose to get the instructions in the English language.
- Next, tap on the “wipe out data” option.
- After that, choose the “fuse format data” option and then tap on the “Yes” option.
- After a few moments, the recovery menu will appear again. This time, tap the “Reboot” option.
And you’re done. Once you perform all the actions mentioned above, you will successfully revert your Lenovo phone to factory settings.
Restore Lenovo Phone After a Performing a Hard Reset
Factory resetting your Lenovo smartphone is good and all, but what if there were some important pieces of data in your phone? Is there no way to get them back? Of course, that isn’t the case. There is a way to get your lost data back. All you need to do is download and install a well-equipped Android data recovery software. Make sure the software is from a reputable company and has a good rating on an independent reviews website.
After you download it to your computer, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Android data recovery software on your computer and click on the “Data recovery” option.
- Next, you need to connect your Lenovo mobile to your computer using a USB cable.
- After that, choose all the types of files that you want to scan and restore.
- Once you’re done with it, select “scan for deleted files” and click on the “Scan” button.
- This process might take a few minutes to complete.
- After the scan is complete, you can preview all your deleted data and select the files you want to retrieve.
- Now, click on the “Recover” button, select a file path, and the files you selected will be saved to your computer.
Congratulations! Once you complete all the steps above, you will successfully restore all deleted data from your Lenovo smartphone.