We know that you love your Vivo smartphone. With its great camera, display, and performance, Vivo has become one of the most famous smartphone brands. But sometimes, you might need to restore your Vivo phone to factory settings. Common reasons include suspicion of hacking, a virus or a malicious file in storage, a stolen phone, or even a forgotten password. So, in this article, we will show you three easy and step-by-step methods to restore your Vivo phone to its original settings. Let’s dig in.
Restore Your Vivo Phone to Factory Settings via Phone Settings
If you’re still able to use your Vivo phone and access its Settings app, you can easily revert your phone to factory settings using this method. This approach is especially effective to remove the virus or malware from your phone. This way, you can wipe out every single unwanted data and possible threat file from your phone.
Follow the steps below to reset your Vivo smartphone to factory settings:
- Find the “Settings” app on your Vivo phone and open it.
- Once you are inside the “Settings” app, scroll down and tap on “More Settings.”
- Next, scroll down to the button of this menu again and find the “Backup & Reset” option, and tap on it.
- Next, select the “Erase all data” option.
- Now, a new wizard will pop up asking for your password or pin. Type your password or PIN before selecting “Next.”
- After that, tap on the “Format phone storage” option.
- Next, click on the “Clear Now” option.
- In the next confirmation menu, tap on “Erase Everything.”
- Once you execute the previous step, your phone will restart automatically. It will start the process of deleting all data from your phone, which might take a while.
- After the whole process is complete, tap on the “Setup your phone” button.
- Now, tap on the “Agree” option and then on the “Skip” option.
- At last, tap on the “Accept” option.
Once you follow all these steps, your Vivo phone is reset to its factory settings, erasing your phone’s data and likely solving your problem.
Restore Your Smartphone Using Recovery Mode
The recovery method above is indeed intuitive and easy to follow. But it’s only applicable only if you know your phone’s password or PIN. Unsurprisingly, if you forget these credentials, you’d be unable to initiate the procedure.
Don’t worry. Using recovery mode, you can restore your phone to factory settings even if you have forgotten your password or PIN. Here’s how to do that:
- First, you must turn your Vivo smartphone off. Just give the power button of your Vivo phone a long press and tap on the “Power off” option.
- Next, press the “Power” button and the “Volume up” button simultaneously for a few seconds until a new prompt appears on your phone.
- Now, press the “Volume Down” button to select the “Recovery mode” option.
- After that, press the “Power” button of your Vivo phone to activate the “Recovery Mode.”
- Once you get inside the “Recovery Mode,” press the “Volume Down” button again to select the “Wipe Data” option.
- Now, press the “Power” button to activate it.
- Next, use the power button and the volume button to activate the “Wipe Data” option again.
- Now, your phone will start its reset. Once it’s done, you will get a notification saying that wiping out data was successful. Once you see that, tap on “OK.”
- Finally, use the “Back” option to return to “Recovery mode” before clicking on the “Reboot System” option.
The process will take a while. Once your phone powers on, you will get a new Vivo phone for all intents and purposes. After all, it reverted to factory settings.
Use Find My Device to Restore Vivo Phone to Original Settings
You might have dropped your Vivo phone somewhere and now have no idea where it is. Or, perhaps, had it stolen. If you fail to locate it, the first thing you would want is to erase all your personal and professional data from it. This will prevent your phone’s data from falling into someone else’s hands. In this case, you can use the app named “Find my phone” on the Google Play Store to reset your phone. Follow these instructions:
- Use a different smartphone and download the “Find my phone” app from Google Play Store.
- Once you’re done installing it, pick the “Sign-in as a guest” option.
- Use the Gmail ID and password of the primary Google account of your lost Vivo phone and sign in.
- In the next menu, click on the “Erase device” option and tap on the “Erase device” in the next prompt as well.
- Your Vivo phone’s data will be erased because the app remotely performs an automatic reset to return it to factory settings.
Please Note: This option is only available if your Vivo phone already has a primary Google account, and has your data on it.