WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app in the world, with over one billion active monthly users sending and receiving billions of messages daily. This messenger app is used globally for personal or professional conversations. Deleting conversations usually happens when you have lots of messages taking up space on your phone. Erased messages are the most frequent problem you may encounter if you don’t have them backed up. If you have one on Google Drive or iCloud, you can easily recover exported WhatsApp conversations on an Android or iOS device. But what if you don’t have any backups on your phone? Then, how can you restore unbacked up WhatsApp messages?
That can concern some users for sure. This is why you must be familiar with the backup recovery tools. This guide will take you through different methods to restore unbacked up WhatsApp messages using native and third-party tools.
1. Restore Unbacked Up WhatsApp Messages Using its Chat History Web Feature
If you have accidentally deleted your WhatsApp chat history, you can use its web functionality to view and restore your messages. To do this, you need to log into your account on the WhatsApp website. Once you have logged in, you will be able to see all of your chat histories, including the messages that have been deleted.
2. Use Google Drive or iCloud Backup for WhatsApp
The fact you haven’t backed up your chats doesn’t mean they aren’t. Google Drive automatically takes regular backups of your messages. You can easily restore them by logging into your Google Drive or iCloud account and selecting the “Restore” option. Alternatively, you can reinstall WhatsApp and make sure your device is logged in to either of the accounts. The app will offer restoration.
3. Use a Data Recovery Tool for WhatsApp Chat on Android or iOS
Many data recovery tools available on the market can help you recover lost or removed files. It’s recommended to use a free but reliable tool to scan your device for WhatsApp messages, as well as photos, videos, contacts, text messages, etc. Check the following sections to see which tools can help you.
Note. We have no affiliation with any software mentioned below. We merely used them for demonstration.
Restore Unbacked up WhatsApp Messages on iPhone Using PhoneRescue
If you haven’t used iTunes or iCloud to make any backups, the only effective method to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on an iPhone is with a third-party iPhone data recovery software. PhoneRescue for iOS can retrieve 31 different iOS file types, including WhatsApp, text messages, photos, and more, even if no backup is available. You may use it for the restoration of all your WhatsApp chat histories, including media files. Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable and wait for it to be recognized. After scanning, review the previous messages. Here are detailed steps to take:
- Download and install iMobie PhoneRescue.
- Select Recover from iOS Device mode.
- Continue by pressing the right arrow button.
- To check for WhatsApp chat on your iPhone, choose it from the pop-up menu or pick all chats with the “Select All” button. Press OK to continue.
- To start restoring non-backed up WhatsApp messages and attachments, go to Account, then select the WhatsApp messages and attachments.
- Press the Recover button in the lower right corner to get the selected WhatsApp messages back. Your device’s chat history will be restored.
Get Non-Backed Up WhatsApp Chats Back on Android via DroidKit
You can also use the DroidKit WhatsApp recovery tool for Android to scan your device, and recover them right away. You don’t need to root your phone. Look at the instructions:
- You’ll need a Windows or Mac computer to use this tool. Install iMobie DroidKit on a PC or Mac, and get the most up-to-date version.
- Open it, and go to Recover Lost Data > WhatsApp Recovery.
- Press the Start button on the application and connect your Android device using a USB cable.
- Before scanning and restoring WhatsApp data, follow the steps to prepare your computer.
- You can then browse a list of all your WhatsApp conversations. Look through the messages you require and select Restore.
- The retrieved messages will appear on the following screen, wait a moment, and the recovered message should appear on your computer. You can also view messages before retrieving them.
Using Tenorshare UltData for Chat Recovery
Tenorshare UltData can recover WhatsApp messages no matter how long you’ve deleted them. That program allows you to recover deleted WhatsApp messages from an Android phone without a backup like this:
- Download Tenorshare UltData Recovery Tool, then connect your device to the computer via a USB cable and launch it on your PC.
- Select Recover WhatsApp Data from the main screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enable USB debugging. Then, hit the Start button on the software. Your Android device will be recognized automatically after that.
- The tool will highlight WhatsApp data on the scan’s conclusion, including one-year-old WhatsApp messages. You can also preview the messages before recovery by selecting the “Preview” button. Select the message you wish to recover by pressing the “Recover” button to restore WhatsApp chat.
Utilize FoneDog to Rescue Unbacked up WhatsApp Messages
This tool is a PC-based application that helps you recover non-backed up WhatsApp messages easily. Here are the steps involved in the recovery process.
- Download FoneDog Android Data Recovery and open it.
- Connect your smartphone to the PC via a USB cable.
- Press the Scan button to start looking for the deleted messages.
- You may have to wait a long time for the tool to finish scanning your Android device. After that, you can view all the deleted WhatsApp messages on the screen. You can also check other files like erased contacts, call logs, etc.
- Preview the WhatsApp messages to see if any were deleted. If you only want to recover a few of the discovered items, mark them instead of restoring the entire lot.
- This tool helps you recover selected phone conversations by simply checking the boxes of the ones you want. Make a new folder on the computer to store the messages.
- After you’ve selected the desired messages to recover, press the Recover button at the bottom of the page.
You can also restore deleted WhatsApp messages on Android devices without a backup in a few minutes. This program also has a free trial version for first-time users, so you can try it without worrying about fees.