WhatsApp inarguably became one of the best messaging apps thanks to end-to-end encryption and many other features. One such feature is Stickers, allowing users to express themselves better. WhatsApp recently rolled out a new update that lets you save stickers locally on your device. Therefore, if you ever want to delete the app or switch to a different device, you can always have your favorite stickers with you. Here’s how you can download and restore stickers on WhatsApp.
1. Instructions to Recover Stickers on WhatsApp through Backup
The most common reason you lose stickers is because of a phone upgrade. You have an excellent new phone, but what about the personalized and distinctive stickers that allow you to interact better? Thankfully, a way to get them back exists—that’s why there is a backup option. Using it, you can easily recover all your marked stickers throughout your WhatsApp journey. Following are the steps to take to restore WhatsApp stickers:
- Place the SIM card in your new phone.
- Download WhatsApp on your new phone.
- Enter the details required by the app, including your phone number.
- When you open it, you must pick the option to restore the previous backup on your old phone (this copy is made periodically, usually automatically). You won’t have many issues if you follow the method below without selecting this option, either.
Getting Stickers Back using Previous Backup
To get your WhatsApp stickers back on your smartphone, follow this procedure.
- Locate the WhatsApp sticker folder where you save/export it (PC or separate smartphone location), and copy it. That means you must have made a manual backup in the past.
- To get your WhatsApp stickers back after copying them, go to the WhatsApp folder via File Manager, then media, then open your WhatsApp stickers.
- Paste the folder you copied to in the past. That is all there is to it. Export, backup, and restore as needed.
2. Using Cloud to Restore WhatsApp Stickers on Android
This method works only for Android users and is simple, quick, and effective. Do this:
- Look for a chat among contact with whom you exchange a lot of stickers.
- Tap each one by one using the stickers, then go to the menu and select “add to favorites.”
- With one touch per sticker, they will be included among the data saved in the cloud backup.
Restoring Stickers on WhatsApp If Deleted
Once you’ve added the stickers to your “Favorites” folder, this procedure is much easier because the system recognizes it in the backup. If you lose your data for whatever reason or switch phones, you can retrieve it; thanks to cloud services.
- Launch WhatsApp on your device.
- Go to the More options screen, then Settings → Chats → Backup → Save to Google Drive.
- Set the frequency of Google Drive backups to whatever works best for you.
- Select the Google account you’d like to use for this backup.
- Choose a network connection to store these copies.
- Tap on “Save” from the drop-down menu. You can now download the backup as mentioned in method 1.
3. Getting WhatsApp Stickers Back via Third-party Applications
You can restore WhatsApp stickers on your iPhone using third-party apps. There are plenty on the market, and we’ll demonstrate one compatible with Android and iOS. Do the following:
WhatsApp Data Restoration iPhone App
Using iMyFone ChatsBack on iOS works this way:
- To begin, download iMyFone ChatsBack on your computer and open it. Tap on “device storage” when the main interface opens.
- Now, connect your iPhone to your computer. Then you must go to the scanning stage and pick the WhatsApp type: Messenger or Business. After that, press OK.
- As a result, on the interface, recoverable data will appear. You can selectively pick and choose the information that you want to recover, including conversations.
Using iMyFone ChatsBack on WhatsApp for Android
Use your cable to connect the Android smartphone to the computer once you’ve installed the program. Then:
- Pick a folder to save the documents and press start.
- Scanning will begin. You must permit ChatsBack before it may load the files and data necessary for conducting the data analysis process.
- Add the phone number with the country code, and you’ll receive an SMS message containing a verification code.
- The verification is then completed, and iMyFone ChatsBack will provide the relevant keys for analyzing the database.
- After that, simply select the files you wish to recover, chats included.
- Pick a destination folder for the file recovery and begin.
How to Use Stickers in WhatsApp
Once you have downloaded some sticker packs, you can start using them in your chats. Here’s how:
- Open a chat and tap on the emoji icon present in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- On the emoji keyboard, tap on the ‘Sticker’ icon (the smiley face with sunglasses).
- If this is the first time you use stickers, WhatsApp will ask you to allow it to access your media files. Tap on ‘Allow’ to continue.
- Select the sticker pack you want to use from the list of installed packages. Once done, you will see all the available stickers in that pack.
- To send a particular sticker, tap on it, and it will automatically be added to your chat. You can also use these stickers while replying to a message.
- If you can’t find a suitable sticker, tap on the ‘+’ icon at the bottom of the screen and select the ‘Create new sticker pack option. This will let you create custom stickers for WhatsApp using pictures from your gallery.