If you’re curious about how to see deleted (or, rather, unsent) messages on Instagram, you’re not alone. When someone unsends a message, everyone wonders what it is about. Fortunately, there are several ways to restore unsend messages on Instagram. You can unsend an Instagram DM message by tapping and holding the message you want to delete. That removes both sides of your conversation. As a result, only the person who sent the message will know what they said. That is unlike WhatsApp, which displays something like “This communication is erased,” annoying all participants in a conversation.
Note. We are unaffiliated with any services or websites mentioned in this guide.
Instructions to Restore Direct Messages on Instagram
You can use the following to view your messages, even if they’re not currently visible in the app. To view your direct messages on Instagram, you need to have access to your account’s activity logs. If so, you may be able to find your direct messages there. To access your activity logs, do this:
- Go to your profile and tap the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Select Activity Log from there and scroll through your recent activity.
- If any of your direct messages appear in your activity log, you can view them by tapping them.
Using a Mobile Application to Check Erased Instagram Messages
There is no official way to look back at deleted Instagram messages. On the other hand, some third-party notification log applications and apps may be used to keep track of notifications 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Therefore, the message will appear on the alert regardless of who sends it. However, the notification will be removed as soon as the sender removes the message from Instagram. To view deleted Instagram direct messages, follow the instructions below.
- On Android, download and install the Notification History Log app. Install Pushover Notifications if you’re using iOS.
- After downloading the app, read and agree to the permissions it requires, enabling accessibility options.
- You may be unable to see something on Instagram if someone sends you something on Instagram and unsends it, but you can use this notification history app to look at the removed messages.
Restore Unsend Messages on Instagram via a Website
You just need to sign up for DMpro. While there is one typical approach to recovering deleted messages from Instagram, it’s crucial to remember that the method has a moderate rate. DMpro is an Instagram direct message service created to help users manage their direct messages (DMs). If you’re seeking a solution to recover lost Instagram unsent messages, this online service comes to your help. This service includes a DM-to-Email tool that allows you to send and receive your DMs through email. When someone sends you a direct message on IG, DMpro automatically forwards it to your email.
Even if the user removes it from the conversation, the communication still exists in your email inbox unless they delete it. Although it remains unknown what Instagram keeps on its servers, some individuals who have downloaded an archive of their data found deleted messages while others did not. To ensure your messages aren’t lost if they are deleted, back up your data often. By signing up for DMpro, linking your Instagram account, and entering your email address, you can automatically have all your DMs sent to your dashboard. And if cost is a worry for you, don’t be—DMpro offers a free plan.
- This tool also allows you to target specific users with your message and automatically respond to frequently asked questions.
- You can organize DMs on your PC.
- The dashboard makes it simple to add and manage multiple accounts all in one place.